Please help -I've tried - DVD unlock msg suddenly appears.

D

dokterew

Audiophyte
It's fixed...
I dunno what happened but I did a system restore and it came back on. Quite strange as I never messed around with any audio settings on my computer.

I have sony STR-DE595 for 1 year now with no problems.

I have the DVD coax input coming from my computer and have had it this way the whole time absolutely no problems. Suddenly today, I see when I select "DVD" for input as I usually would...it says "unlock" for a few moments and no sound.

I've tried a few different things so far but nothing removes the "unlock" message.

Your opinions are much appreciated.

Last edited:
Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not terribly familiar with that model so my terminlogy may be a bit off. Bear with me.
I believe the unlock message is appearing because somehow the input type was switched from digital coax to either analog or optical. My Sony had a rotary dial dedicated to selecting this. I'm not seeing this on the the 595.
Possibly there will be a input mode buttom that toggles through the selections.
I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the reciever. You or some one pushed a button or turned a dialed by accident.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
I've run through the 595 manual and don't see any mention of "unlock". a couple of questions..

have you tried doing a complete memory re-set ?

is it the receiver that says unlock or the computer ? that sounds more like a parental control on the dvd source than something you would find on the receiver itself..

you can also go here.. there's a link on the right hand side to "live chat" with a Sony technician.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/modelpage.pl?template=EN&mdl=STRDE595&session_id=0650265cfd2ece289b89edafcf007d60

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis