S

Saltyynuggs

Audiophyte
I've had this Yamaha rs-201 for about 2 years now And just this morning every time a large bass Note hits the audio on the base just almost completely drops out

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Sounds like its clipping. What is the source input signal?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I've had this Yamaha rs-201 for about 2 years now And just this morning every time a large bass Note hits the audio on the base just almost completely drops out
This is a long shot, but any chance you accidentally changed the Phase switch/knob on your sub?
No guarantee your sub even has such a control, but in the worst case scenario, the speakers and the sub(s) could be cancelling each other out in the frequency range of the crossover.?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
A 3.5mm headphone jack to rca...grounds tied together and a channel for each side
That is the cable. What is the source, as in, what kind of device is being used to playback the media? Is this an smartphone or DVD Player or a computer or some streaming device?

S

Saltyynuggs

Audiophyte
That is the cable. What is the source, as in, what kind of device is being used to playback the media? Is this an smartphone or DVD Player or a computer or some streaming device?
My phone...or on line 2 the tv

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Supposing you didn’t change any settings in the Yamaha and the wires are connected firmly between the sub output of receiver and input on the sub as well as the power cable on the sub is tight than perhaps your sub amp is blown or the driver is blown.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My phone...or on line 2 the tv
Is the sub hooked up to an AVR? Because if both sources are seeing the same problem, its either a problem with the AVR or a problem with the sub itself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis