Please have Gene contact me regarding Hydroxychloroquine if that is a route he is considering.

DrRico

DrRico

Audiophyte
Thanks man! Yes. I have have a basic 5.1 current setup with Infinity/Harman reference loudspeakers. I opted for floorstanding fronts because sometimes I like to listen to 2.0 stereo and for aesthetics. I am using a Denon-avrs-740h but honestly I'm not happy with the output and since I am a newbie, I bought a receiver without pre-outs to add an amp :(. Also, the shape of my livingroom is square which I've heard Gene say is terrible. For my rears, I bought the odd looking RS152 but they seem to not fire very often. I used the Audessey setup wizard and the distances calibrated were NOTHING corresponding to reality. I'm not sure if I should manually change the distances overriding the distances set by the wizard. In short, I'm at the beginning of a very long learning curve making mistakes left and right (2.0) j/k. :p

Attachments

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks man! Yes. I have have a basic 5.1 current setup with Infinity/Harman reference loudspeakers. I opted for floorstanding fronts because sometimes I like to listen to 2.0 stereo and for aesthetics. I am using a Denon-avrs-740h but honestly I'm not happy with the output and since I am a newbie, I bought a receiver without pre-outs to add an amp :(. Also, the shape of my livingroom is square which I've heard Gene say is terrible. For my rears, I bought the odd looking RS152 but they seem to not fire very often. I used the Audessey setup wizard and the distances calibrated were NOTHING corresponding to reality. I'm not sure if I should manually change the distances overriding the distances set by the wizard. In short, I'm at the beginning of a very long learning curve making mistakes left and right (2.0) j/k. :p
Hey your in HT with a good AVR! Hope you know my first post on your Thread was just to break the ice with ya. With this Virus thing Devastating the world and all just thought I’d say something dumb. But your come back shows you fit right in with us on AH.
Now to your setup, Yes doing the setting manually, nothing wrong with that. Do you have a Tape measure? one about 25ft or 20ft? you can sit in your sweet spot and from there you can pull Measurements to your center channel, L/R mains and Sub and than your surrounds input those measuresments in the set up setting manually. As for the level settings that’s another thing if you don’t have a meter, than run the autocorrect first for the levels than manually set the Distance from your sitting sweet spot where you sit to watch or listen. Set your Sub at 80hz to start in setup setting in your AVR, Setting on your Sub should be HZ all the way up maxed out. Volume on your Sub set between 1/4 and up to 1/2 half think 9, O.Clock 12 O.Clock being halfway up on. Set tower speakers to larger and center channel small and surrounds set to small. Do you have a Double bass setting on your AVR? if so set that to on. Now from there after you’ve done all that you can “Tweak”, your levels up on your surrounds a lil at time to your liking. Sub trim set that to 0.0 or -0.5. Again Welcome to AH.

Last edited:
DrRico

DrRico

Audiophyte
Wowzers! Gonna try this tonight after work...can't wait! Much appreciated. I am becoming obsessed with this, just can't stop reading/watching. This hobby makes me ELATED and frustrated in equal doses :). I have finally completed a whole-home DIY Home automation lighting and with the HT being the crown Jewel I had to spend much time in research and development using Alexa/CEC/IFTT/Smartthings on a 1 GB/s internetconnection FINALLY running smoothly so even my wife can use it with Alexa easily as we have 5 sources and 2 zones. The buggy CEC standard has been the key for me for the HT automation along with a Amazon's and Samsung's open API's without which would be impossible!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis