PlayStation 4, Xbox 720 - Names Subject to Change

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
+1, While Xbox360 internals are pretty much fully used to their limits (see Crysis2)
What's the deal with Crysis 2 on consoles? I never played it but loved the first game on PC, how does it translate to console for Crysis2? I've never seen C2 on console or PC but I'd rather play it on console if at all.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Crysis2 has received decent reviews for it's console releases, lowest score I have seen from reviewers is 8.5. Carl Jones over at Crytek has said:

At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360
But to point out the obvious the console versions are not on the same field as the PC version graphically. But lets be honest that will never be the case since both consoles and PCs are geared for two different segments of the market.

A

Arcane19

Audioholic Intern
That has historically been accurate, but the "commitment to a 10-year cycle" was something that has been stated by both companies in key-note speeches.
Much more realistic these days with the ability to constantly update the systems firmware and drivers via download, and the slowing of microprocessor advancement (see Wozniack's address on the growth of technology)
I was not aware of this. Is technology rogree really slowing down that much? I feel like companies pump out better computers/laptops every 6 months. I figured the same adancements would apply to consoles as well except they wait years for huge leaps instead.

I hope its a 10 year cycle though, I want to get my $'s worth from these consoles. I'm perfectly happy with the way the consoles are performing...except the Wii which is prolly why theyre coming up with the HD.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis