Play LCR speakers only on Denon x4500h

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
In a 5.2 setup is there any way to play music in the LCR speakers only? Thanks

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If you're doing what I think you're doing, playing 2.0 stereo music in 3.1, you should already have a good, centered image in between your 2 front speakers in stereo. Which sound mode are you using? Dolby, DTS or (god forbid) All Channel Stereo?

If you're set up properly it should already sound like the center speaker is playing. I've had friends walk right up to my center channel and put their ear next to it because they didn't believe it wasn't playing.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you do have 2.0 music source, and tell the avr to turn off the surrounds, to get 3.1 you'll still need to use an upmixer, too.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
If you're doing what I think you're doing, playing 2.0 stereo music in 3.1, you should already have a good, centered image in between your 2 front speakers in stereo. Which sound mode are you using? Dolby, DTS or (god forbid) All Channel Stereo?

If you're set up properly it should already sound like the center speaker is playing. I've had friends walk right up to my center channel and put their ear next to it because they didn't believe it wasn't playing.
I wanted to see what difference it made. Two channel is the clear winner! IMHO
I think guys have subtly turned me into a two channel Audioholic!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I wanted to see what difference it made. Two channel is the clear winner! IMHO
I think guys have subtly turned me into a two channel Audioholic!
It's OK to listen Stereo with your Subs! :)

Here's two cuts that don't have deep bass... but subs make these come alive like I've never heard any speaker do on there own. Try to stream them directly to your system rather than off YT, but this will get you part of the way there. ;)

Best I can describe is that there is an ambiance that the sub gives, especially in that Cowboy Junkies cut where you have silence before Margot sings, and you just hear the Church where they recorded. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not all 2.0 music upmixes to 5.1 or 3.1 well....but then try some actual multich music....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis