E

Emusica

Audioholic
Anyone have any suggestions for a reputable wall mount with tilt capabilities? I have a 50" panny plasma. This is one I'm looking at currently:
EasyMount EZLCDP-02 Tilt Mount for 36" to 60" LCD Plasma Screens - ECLCDP-02

I guess the wall mounts are pretty universal and I shouldn't have a problem with compatability. Thanks for any info!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You have a link to go along with that?

I just ordered a mount on eBay that is arriving tomorrow and I will put up this weekend. It's for my Samsung, but they have all types. I will let you know how I like it and how smooth the installation goes.

Just under $100.00 shipped to my door - so the price is right.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, I think mine will look similar to that. If it shows up today, I'll give you some feedback tomorrow okay? If I forget, PM me.

EDIT: Thanks Fed-Ex - No package delivered yesterday, despite it being on their truck. Go figure. I guess I may finally see the package on Tuesday now. Bummer.

Last edited:
E

Emusica

Audioholic
Fed Ex does that sometimes. They'll have the package but wont deliver. I've had to go pick up items before because I didn't want to wait.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Just wanted to follow up...

Took about 2 hours from start to finish with me reading all the instructions carefully, levelling the mount, etc.

Opened the box - pretty boring white packaging to find 5 rails, 2 plasma supports (tilting), and a LOT of nuts and bolts.

Turned out that 2 rails were for the top and bottom and 2 rails were for the sides, the third rail was a locking rail for after things were in place. Very obvious what was what, except the top rail... until I noticed the printing on one of the rails that said 'TOP'... hmmm, bet that's it.

Read the instructions (again) and put the side rails onto the top and bottom rails. Nice and sturdy. It actually came with allen keys to tighten the bolts as necessary.

Now, I had to put the brackets on the back of my plasma. So, I pulled it down off the dresser, took out Samsung's generic bolts and read some more instructions which made me realize that the (about) 60 bolts that they had put into little separate baggies were all marked with individual letters and they provided a guide for plasmas. Go through the list, find your plasma brand/model # and look up the bag you need to open for the correct lenth bolts.

Did that and found the bolts to be a bit long... realized that all bags were miss labelled by 1 letter - no big deal. Grabbed the next size down.

Found the bolts to be a bit long... then I found that they had included spacers that would bump the plasma out a bit if needed.

Took about 5 minutes, but got the brackets on - very easy to get them the exact same height.

Now I had to do the most time consuming part, which would be the same for all plasma mounts - I had to measure, level, drill holes, check level again, make darn sure I was on a stud - drill a new hole because my first one was off to the right to much...

Oh, and they INCLUDED the lag bolts to hold it in the studs!

Put the bracket on the wall, called my bro-in-law in, and slapped the plasma onto the mount in 2 seconds.

Plugged in cable and power, turned it on.

Realized that the cable outlet was on the wrong side of the plasma supports, so had to remove the plasma and put it on the other side of the support. Didn't even need to turn it off to accomplish this - really, took 10 seconds, maybe. Wow, that comes off easily.

Took 2 minutes to put the locking brace in. The locking brace just goes over the top of the plasma mount to prevent it from being lifted off. Accidentally or on purpose, that plasma is going nowhere without removing that bracket first.

Oh, forgot to mention that I hadn't tightened the tilt mechanism bolts enough at first so the plasma tilted all the way forward (15 degrees or so) and I had to have my bro-in-law hold it up while I tightened the bolts down... that took a good 60 seconds.

Spent 20 minutes cleaning up drywall dust, putting tools away, and moving dresser back into place.

IMO - This is a great buy. It was a very honest product on eBay and is truly comparible to anything I have ever seen for an excellent price. It is NOT coming down, it did not have a single real hiccup with the installation. Except for my bro-in-law helping me lift it, it was a one person job.

lamonitors was the seller - LaPlasma is the online store
http://stores.ebay.com/LaPlasma

TOTAL FOR MOUNT: $97.00 shipped to my door via FedEx.

E

Emusica

Audioholic
Great post! That gives me an idea of what I will need and what to look for in the packing. I will be looking into it soon, very soon.....:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis