Pizza Pops on my PSB Platinum T8s !!!!!

M

mibson

Audioholic
My now ex girl friend, threw a pizza pop and it hit the front of my speakers with the grills off!!!

Lucky it hit beside the mid range driver and didn't hit it directly. Some did "splash" and hit the driver.

What is a safe way to clean this driver?

Thanks so much.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, I've got to ask - which came first...the "ex" part or the throw? :D

M

mibson

Audioholic
Well, it was very close to the same time for both! lol

But seriously, anyone know how to safely clean the driver?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would say it depends on the woofer material. I would contact PSB and ask them the best way of going about it. If the woofer is aluminum, it should be easy, but if its a paper cone or kevlar or something like that, it might be more involved.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I would contact PSB - they use woven-fiberglass cones and rubber half-roll surrounds

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Any girl who wastes good pizza is gone. :mad: I hope you get your speakers cleaned ok. :)

P

Plexmulti9

Junior Audioholic
Whats a pizza pop?
Pillsbury's version of a pizza hotpocket. I am picturing this as a weird, but hilarious, incident. I have so many questions about how it all went down. Was he mid-bite and she snatched the Pizza Pop out of his hand (off his plate?) and ... "Wham-O" against the speaker it went? Did it get hit up off of his plate during the argument itself? Was it being brandished as a weapon or being pointed at someone and, during the scuffle to disarm, get slammed against the speaker and exploded on the driver? And, WTF caused such a ruckus that a Pizza Pop and speaker were almost destroyed?

I, we, the internet need details... PRONTO!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This should on one of those daily tips:

When your girlfriend is pissed off, move her into another room STAT! :eek:

DannyA

DannyA

Audioholic
This is one of those threads I just can't resist. Yes, it would be fun to here the play by play! :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis