1 deaconjones

Audiophyte
additional information is the Emotiva 7 channel 200 watts per channel amp is not responding as I think it should. The Pioneer preouts may not be sufficient to power the amp to power Emotiva T2 tower speakers. Either I accept the inefficient power performance or get another receiver with higher preout voltage. Pioneer techs or store salesmen have given no answer.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
additional information is the Emotiva 7 channel 200 watts per channel amp is not responding as I think it should. The Pioneer preouts may not be sufficient to power the amp to power Emotiva T2 tower speakers. Either I accept the inefficient power performance or get another receiver with higher preout voltage. Pioneer techs or store salesmen have given no answer.
Might help if you gave the model number of your Emotiva.
1 volt should be fine for it....its fine for most modern amps.
What is it that you were expecting ? The Pioneer is 120 wpc....200 wpc isn't going to give a dramatic difference.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
According to measurements of other pioneer 5 series, the 01 and the 05, your pioneer should have no problem outputting 2v without any degradation.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
My strong hunch is that you have not set your input adjustments correctly. I suspect that you need to raise each input sensitivity of inputs that are not outputting correctly. RTFM!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Assuming by the power rating mentioned it's the XPA-7, per the manual input sensitivity is only .8V so your avr should be extracting the full power range of the amp easily enough. May well be your expectations as it takes a doubling of amp power to gain just 3dB spl....

ps well thought so by just starting at the last page of the manual, but the last spec entry seems that's only the 2ch (gen 3) version, the 7ch version seems to be 1.5V, but as mentioned the pre-out voltage is likely fine up to 2V, so probably still not the pre-out level (even if a nominal rating of 1V per the manual).

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
What is the preout voltage for vsx lx503?
The information you need is on page 128 of your manual. The section has the unusual name of "Input volume absorber". Any how there is a 24 db adjustment on each input, so you can make all sources equally loud and get the output in the correct range.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
The information you need is on page 128 of your manual. The section has the unusual name of "Input volume absorber". Any how there is a 24 db adjustment on each input, so you can make all sources equally loud and get the output in the correct range.
I was going to suggest that also if he replied more...24db is quite generous on that model.
My new Pioneer has 10 db range for that function...it's enough though.

He probably could have done without the amp at all using that....RTFM !!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis