Pioneer VSX-D814-S & Yamaha NS-P620 Speakers

H

HoneyMan

Enthusiast
I have had my receiver now for 4 months and Im still not sure what settings to use.

The yamaha NS-P620 5.1 Package consist of:

4x NS-10MMT: (L, R, SL, SR)
Driver: 9cm cone woofer, 2.5cm dome tweeter.
Frequency Crossover: 75hz-33Khz
Crossover Frequency: 7KHz
Input Power: 40W - 100W

1x NS-C10MM: (Centre)
Driver: 2x 9cm cone woofer, 2.5cm dome tweeter
frequency response: 100Hz - 33Khz
Input Power: 50W - 120W

1x YST-SW105: (Sub Woofer)
Driver: 20cm Cone Woofer
Input Power: 100W
Frequency Response: 30Hz -200Hz

Should I set my receiver to Small Speakers or the Large Speakers setting?
If I should select Small which crossover should I use: 100Hz, 150Hz or 200Hz?

Any recommendations on what High Cut Frequency I should use on the Sub Woofer, should I have the volume on full?

I have tried many settings and I'm still not happy with the sound. I'm hoping some advice might help me enjoy my system.

Last edited:
M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
All speakers set to Small with a xover of 100 Hz.

If you are connecting the sub using a cable from the receiver's sub pre-out, turn the xover dial on the sub all the way up. Some subs have a switch to disable the its internal xover; if it has one use that and then it wont matter where the xover dial is on the sub.

For sub volume, you probably won't need it set more than half way, but the only way to truly get it 'right' is to use an SPL meter and the receiver's test tones (or calibration disc like AVIA or DVE) and calibrate the levels of all the speakers and the sub.

H

HoneyMan

Enthusiast
Ive got to say that it sounds a lot better thanks to that infomation.
I had all speakers set to large and the sub volume maxed with 75Hz sub crossover.

I forgot to mention that the sub's (high cut) or crossover dial can be changed anywhere from 50Hz - 150Hz. I'm guessing 100Hz?

When Using MCACC to calibrate listening didtance, should I be trying to match the two tones exactly at the middle of the two speakers?

Last edited:
H

HoneyMan

Enthusiast
Ive got the sub sounding great at 68Hz (high Cut) and 7.2/10 volume.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis