Pioneer VSX-D512 subwoofer preout doesn't work

T

TehRamsus

Audiophyte
Hey
I just bought this tuner. It's works good, almost...
So for some reason i don't get any audio out from subwoofer preout. I tried literally all settings, but nothing. I double checked subwoofer, and it's works.
Subwoofer is "home made". I've used it on my stereo kit, which not offered sub out. Basicly I connected positive and negative to the speakers out.
I don't know what I do wrong.

Thank you for helping.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey
I just bought this tuner. It's works good, almost...
So for some reason i don't get any audio out from subwoofer preout. I tried literally all settings, but nothing. I double checked subwoofer, and it's works.
Subwoofer is "home made". I've used it on my stereo kit, which not offered sub out. Basicly I connected positive and negative to the speakers out.
I don't know what I do wrong.

Thank you for helping.
What amp are you using to drive the sub? A receiver preout will not drive a sub without a power amp between receiver and sub.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Assuming there is an amp in play, the pre out could be bad but not highly likely. Did you tell the receiver “yes” to subwoofer?

T

TehRamsus

Audiophyte
What amp are you using to drive the sub? A receiver preout will not drive a sub without a power amp between receiver and sub.
Hey, i'm not sure the manufacture of the amp :D But I have amp with subwoofer, and it's works perfectly. I just tried with other subwoofer (genelec) and same problem.

Assuming there is an amp in play, the pre out could be bad but not highly likely. Did you tell the receiver “yes” to subwoofer?
Yeah, I enabled subwoofer option. Also I tried some difference sound modes like surround etc. But nothing. I'm quite new with these :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok. Where is the gain(volume) set at on the sub, and where is it set at on the receiver? Did you run mcacc? Or set up manual? What are the rest of the speakers?
I would try some very bass heavy music, as it’s more consistent than a movie, and see what you get.

T

TehRamsus

Audiophyte
Ok. Where is the gain(volume) set at on the sub, and where is it set at on the receiver? Did you run mcacc? Or set up manual? What are the rest of the speakers?
I would try some very bass heavy music, as it’s more consistent than a movie, and see what you get.
Hey, It's work now :D I don't know what is happened, but I changed cable, changed some settings and then I mix some settings in subwoofer. For some reason volume was really low :D But thanks to help!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis