Pioneer VSX-94TXH 7.1 A/V Receiver with HDMI 1.3a

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I question some of the changes from previous generations though. Perhaps the power supply is more efficient which would make sense since improvements are made over time. I just checked the back of my 56TXi and it's rated at 780VA and the caps are 27000 uF X 2. I have to wonder how those capacitors would affect the Pioneer's specs. Was the cap choice simply a cost-cutting trade-off? What about the remote? Even on Pioneer's parts website, the remote costs half as much as the, imho excellent fully backlit, 2 line LCD learning remote that came with most of the 5XTX series Pioneer Elites.
Yeah, I hear ya. The 1015 is actually the older 52TX Elite from about three years ago (minus a few of the Elitisms). For the price it's a very robust receiver. The 94 seems to get it done though, even with the smaller caps.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, I hear ya. The 1015 is actually the older 52TX Elite from about three years ago (minus a few of the Elitisms). For the price it's a very robust receiver. The 94 seems to get it done though, even with the smaller caps.
I thought the 1015 and the 52 looked similiar! Did they come with the same remote?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
As some know already im the proud owner of a pioneer elite vsx-94txh and its everything I hoped for and then some. What amazes me the most is how cool it stays with all the power it puts out , looks classy and puts out some great sound. What a kick A.. reciever :)

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
As some know already im the proud owner of a pioneer elite vsx-94txh and its everything I hoped for and then some. What amazes me the most is how cool it stays with all the power it puts out , looks classy and puts out some great sound. What a kick A.. reciever :)
Congrats. Did the audioholics review sway you any? I really like that receiver, but I just can't seem to stand the remote ;-p
Ah well, from the looks of the other post, it looks like you're happy with it. Good luck with this one. I've had 4 Pioneer receivers and none of them have ever had a lick of trouble save the one that was electrocuted.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Congrats. Did the audioholics review sway you any? I really like that receiver, but I just can't seem to stand the remote ;-p
Ah well, from the looks of the other post, it looks like you're happy with it. Good luck with this one. I've had 4 Pioneer receivers and none of them have ever had a lick of trouble save the one that was electrocuted.
Thanks and actually the review made me lean towards it more, I like the power it has and how cool it runs. I put it and my paradigms threw some tests for sure by that I mean listening to it louder than I normally would, im in a house so I can crank it up when im in the mood and probably dont tick off to many of my neighbors lol im pretty considerate though after 10 but anyway my point is after a 2 hour movie with the volume loud enough to were I was reaching for the remote so I wouldnt go deaf and the 94 was just warm. All my other receivers were pretty hot by then especially above the receiver on the audio rack was toasty hot with others but not the 94 it was just warm. Im very impressed with the sound quality and picture to. I think what sold me on the review was the statement at the end " if you want a powerhouse look no further ":D I think with out going seperates this reciever should should keep me happy for a long time and it makes me even happier to know your pioneers have been good to ya :) actually im getting use to the remote its not that bad and im learning were all the important buttons are on it like for quick access for speaker level ect, thx, adv surround and so on can easliy be navigated in the dark movie mode now : ).

TheFactor

TheFactor

Now I just have to decide if I want to spend another 149 dollars for a four year if they cant fix it they'll replace it warranty. Im a little gun shy sorta speak from previous receivers so I might get it just for a peice of mind .

TheFactor

TheFactor

Thanks again Thunder18 For posting that link review for me on my original thread and your input had a lot to do with my Decision and I couldnt be happier. Thanks again :)

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
No problem. Great feedback on the receiver by the way.
In my experience i've always bought the warranty and the only time I used it is when my receiver was electrocuted. The warranty covered that replacement and several other warranties covered my TV, PS2 and powered subwoofer that all received the power surge from the receiver. (Surge came over the cable line, traveled to my receiver via the s-video cable which subsequently sent it to all my other equipment) The only item that didn't have a powered subwoofer and Circuit city fixed it for a nominal charge. This is all because I didn't have a surge protector that protected the 2 coax inputs going to my cable box.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Wow thats a bummer, I think my surge protector has a in and out for cable and figured I didnt need it and was afraid it might effect the picture but after what you said I might be looking a little closer at that. I think the warranty might be a good idea after all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis