Pioneer VSX-934 front speakers don't work in Surround mode

F

Feri2000

Audiophyte
Hi all,

I just received this new AV Receiver today, and strangely the front speakers don't work in surround mode. I have a 5.1 setup. I have used Full Auto MCACC and set up all the speaker successfully, at the time of testing and setting, the front speakers work perfectly fine, I mean they play the noise which is done by the MCACC measuring. Once all done when I play any sort of content. All the speakers play the sound except the front left and right.
At first I thought maybe my XBOX or other source of sound is not sending the right signal but disconnected all of them and tried the Radio from inside the AV, but exactly the same.
However, the moment I change the mode to STEREO front two speakers work perfectly.
Also I tried setting up the system as 2.1 and that one also works, meaning more than 2.1 speakers setup causes the front speakers don't work.

I am very much confused and not sure if the unit is faulty or I am doing something wrong. It's a huge unit so I really don't want to have to send it back, I'd appreciate if anyone can help me understand what's wrong with the unit!

Thanks a lot

F

Feri2000

Audiophyte
:O lol I found the issue, subwoofer wasn't working so for some reason it wasn't sending signals to the front two channels. All working fine now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis