Pioneer VSX 321-K-P no sound issue. Details within post

S

Sir-fix-Alot

Audiophyte
Ok people's, long story short-ish. I'm trying to get a cheaper AV receiver cuz I switched TVs and need to use arc for external audio, anyway... I'm buying this receiver and seen within many forums about the HDMI going out not having any sound but here's the catch, the lady didn't use the HDMI she only uses RCA inputs. Within about 6 months time each speaker has died (shut itself off/ doesn't work anymore) it's not like it just went out. One day one speaker quit working, then another, then another. After about 6 months now none of the speakers work. Idk if she's tried resetting the system, trying a different aux or tried using the HDMI, but she's selling as is and said it might be a easy fix. I do fix electronics so a fix is just what I need for my budget. But everything I've came across for this receiver is nothing like she had told me about. What do you guys think the problem is, something major, simple? Like I said she only uses RCA and each speaker went out one by one within 6 months and now has no sound. I'm hoping it's just a reset problem or freyed wires turning the sound off, maybe even broken solder connections because it's a older AV receiver. I just need some opinions, maybe one who has delt with this before. Myself I'll be using the HDMI possibly the optical and RCA out and of course the speaker terminals, which doesn't work as of now. Is it worth the fix, does anyone have a AV receiver they wanna get rid of cheap or know a place.. thank you for reading my rambling!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like all her amps have fried but hard to know if its something like just poor connections (or they could have caused such). I wouldn't bother and would keep looking for used avrs that fit your needs....

My old Pioneer (different model a bit further up the model chain but similar age) first died on the hdmi then later on analog inputs as well....but when it went full south it just turned into a brick with a puff of smoke. You could try a system reset at her place before buying perhaps, look in the manual for details (also called a microprocessor or factory reset).

S

Sir-fix-Alot

Audiophyte
Sounds like all her amps have fried but hard to know if its something like just poor connections (or they could have caused such). I wouldn't bother and would keep looking for used avrs that fit your needs....

My old Pioneer (different model a bit further up the model chain but similar age) first died on the hdmi then later on analog inputs as well....but when it went full south it just turned into a brick with a puff of smoke. You could try a system reset at her place before buying perhaps, look in the manual for details (also called a microprocessor or factory reset).
Yeah that's the first thing I did was figure out how to do a system reset. But I was thinking that as well, for each speaker to go out then all within 6 months I figured it was the amp. I've been searching for one that doesn't come on then putting them both together. But no luck, I've had tons of luck finding Demon's that I could put together but people are still asking like $150 for broken ones and haven't found the same exact model to put together. Found a few that "him" which isn't a hard fix but it's hard to spend good cash on a product that doesn't work properly. Then the ones I have found at decent price I just don't trust people to say it works then I spend $100-$150 to get a broken one. Especially with "no returns" and the ones I have found locally on Facebook marketplace are old ass ones for top dollar. I've asked people to send me a short video of them working but then they just ignore me. Ughhhhhhh LoL. One of these days I'll find what I'm looking for for the price I wanna pay. Thank you for your reply, it's very much appreciated

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis