Pioneer system PDC-P520-T

slyp98

slyp98

Audiophyte
Hi all new to this forum , I've been using my system which I bought new in 98, now I have a problem something or Someone has caused the cd player drawers to become unusable , one open one half open at rest , does anyone have tech manual on this model thanks Kieran

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
This is a "shelf system"? These typically are not great systems, so you could be at a point where it is time to look for a replacement (cheaper/easier than a repair).

There are generally just a few reasons the CD drawers would become problematic on any drawer style CD player.

1) The tray tracks are dirty or out of alignment. Cleaning the tracks with rubbing alcohol could help if the tracks are dirty. Misalignment may be a bigger headache, and if it has developed play due to wear and tear, then the tray mechanism may be at the end of life. Either of these could be the case for the drawer that only works halfway.

2) The belt that connects the drive motor to the tray broke. This is by far the most common problem! This is very likely for the tray that does not move at all. Can you hear the motor trying to move the tray? Finding the exact replacement belt is unlikely, but a search of McMaster Carr may turn up a belt that would work.

3) The drive motor is bad. Due to your descriptions, this is the least likely root cause at this point. This would likely mean time for new gear.

4) The PCB that controls the motors could have gone bad. Again, this is not very likely based on your description, but possible. If this is the case, time for new gear.

slyp98

slyp98

Audiophyte
I bought it about 12 months ago , while using the cd player , the drawers got stuck , I found a q tip inside .I didn't use any but I guess the original owner tried cleaning the tape deck heads and it fell in , anywho it is working but not correctly , looks as if its out of sync , tray 2 is always half open

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I bought it about 12 months ago , while using the cd player , the drawers got stuck , I found a q tip inside .I didn't use any but I guess the original owner tried cleaning the tape deck heads and it fell in , anywho it is working but not correctly , looks as if its out of sync , tray 2 is always half open

Looks super low tech hope you didn’t spent a lot on it ??
Honestly a soundbar better for live tv , receivers are expensive but worth it if you want a real system .
I got no idea how to fix the cd deck my mini hifi cd player died too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slyp98

slyp98

Audiophyte
I didnt 40 eur I think , but its a nostalgia thing its one of the 1st systems I bought when I got my 1st real job , I dont use it for home theatre just hooked up to a turntable , the cd player was handy though its the only one in the house, besides the PS , anyway ill keep looking im sure its only something small that has it out of sync thanks for the help

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis