Pioneer SX1980 biggest reciever ever built 270w rms x2

A

Artubel

Audiophyte
I have owned this vintage Pioneer receiver since 1999 it is in mint condition and operates flawlessly I have downsized considerably due to my new living arrangements in condominium. I am located in Palm Bay Florida and would like to get $400 out of the Pioneer SX 1980. This is the largest and most powerful they have ever manufactured and is quite heavy manufactured in 1978

C

captmobley

Audiophyte
I’m very interested in your Pioneer receiver. I love the old school silver face receivers. I have Klipsch Heritage that matches up well with that kind of gear. I live in St. Petersburg but am out of town working for another week or 10 days. Do you have any photos you can send to captmobley@tampabay.rr.com.
Thanx, Jim

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
I will drive to you, buy you lunch, a drink of choice and your receiver. Then you can see who would own such a fine piece equipment.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is an interesting unit. Looks like it's pretty highly sought after. $400 for mint condition is an extremely good buy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is an interesting unit. Looks like it's pretty highly sought after. $400 for mint condition is an extremely good buy.
I suspect that first guy grabbed it. I've seen asking prices in the mid 3ks for these....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
My vintage has been restricted to guns and cars. ...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe he just sold it quickly, he hasn't been back since that date. Really low price in todays crazed vintage marketplace....

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
If he sold it for $400 and it was in mint condition, he obviously didn't know what it was worth on todays market. To bad, he could of made a nice chunk of change.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
BTW Technics offered a 330 wpc receiver back in the early 80s. Just sayin... :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis