Pioneer SC-LX704 High heat issues...

M

mdinno

Junior Audioholic
So in short I have my 4K Blu-Ray Player connected to my receiver out to my LG C1. Every time the volume gets raised over a certain point the high heat flashes on the unit and the volume is automatically lowered. I had my cable box connected to my receiver also and had the same problem so I connected it to the tv and eARCE the sound to my AVR. I don't want to do that with the Blu-Ray only because I'll miss out on DTS sound. I should be able to connect everything to my receiver. Is this an issue with this receiver?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
It should not matter whether the sources are connected to the AVR or through the TV via eARC. The owner's manual does make mention of the feature where the volume is lowered when the circuitry gets too hot. I would start with the simplest check and have a look at all speaker wire connections on the AVR and speakers. Make sure that there are no frayed wires protruding anywhere that may cause a short circuit. If the wiring is good, what brand and model speakers are you using? They may be a model that has a lower impedance than what the AVR can handle at high volume. If this is simply a heat issue due to lack of ventilation, you could add an external fan on top of the AVR for added cooling, like one of the AC Infinity AIRCOM units.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Do you have sufficient cooling area around the AVR?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does your avr have some sort of eco nanny you can turn on/off? What did you do with the impedance switch? I'd also wonder about your location for avr and maybe the cooling fan idea accordingly....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis