Pioneer SC-07 zone 2 preout?

D

David Brahm

Audiophyte
Help. I want to set up a Pioneer SC-07 to pre out zone 2 audio to 2 amps. Is this possible?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Help. I want to set up a Pioneer SC-07 to pre out zone 2 audio to 2 amps. Is this possible?
A simple Y-splitter should accomplish this.

The input impedance for an amp should be "very high", meaning that it won't take a lot of current to drive it, and should be fine to split the signal in this manner for any "decent" consumer gear.

NOTE--Most Zone 2 outputs will ONLY output an analog input signal. If you are trying to output a digi input to Zone 2, you need to read you manual to see if this AVR supports digi to zone 2 or not (likely not).

D

David Brahm

Audiophyte
Let me explain in greater detail. The AV receiver (SC-07) has speaker pre out options for all 7 primary zone speakers and the sub-woofer. I am currently sending the main Left and Right signal through pre outs (each to an ADCOM GFA 565 amp to a Polk TRi12 floor standing speaker). I want to use smaller front speaker for the main zone set up to be used with video. The SC-07 has plenty of power for this. I would like to run the ADCOM GFA 565 amps and Polk TRi12 speakers for music only as a separate zone. Note that the ADCOM 565 is a 300 watt, high current mono amp.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Let me explain in greater detail. The AV receiver (SC-07) has speaker pre out options for all 7 primary zone speakers and the sub-woofer. I am currently sending the main Left and Right signal through pre outs (each to an ADCOM GFA 565 amp to a Polk TRi12 floor standing speaker). I want to use smaller front speaker for the main zone set up to be used with video. The SC-07 has plenty of power for this. I would like to run the ADCOM GFA 565 amps and Polk TRi12 speakers for music only as a separate zone. Note that the ADCOM 565 is a 300 watt, high current mono amp.
In that case, get'r done! That is a proper approach for Zone 2.

Should be no problems, just heed my advice about digi vs. analog inputs being output (or not) to Zone 2. You likely need your input in the analog domain to make this work, don't give it a digi input and expect to get any output to zone 2 (unless your AVR specifically supports this, but most don't, read the manual).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis