Pioneer Elite VSX-56TXi

J

jmanlp

Audioholic
What do yall think about this pioneer receiver. I was going to get an HK AVR-435, but I can't wait for it to be released any longer. I am impressed with the specs on this pioneer receiver. Does anyone have one or a similare model? I've read up on it a little but can't find many reviews. If anyone has some links it would be great! Thanks again.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
The vsx-56txi was my lust for receiver. I really thought that I was going to get one, but in the end I just came up a little short. I really wanted the i-link/firewire and the USB connections. In the end I purchased the vsx-54 tx. I am still in the process of setting everything up, so I don't have a full report yet. I am very happy so far. If I had the ability I would definitely gt the 56! In the $1,000 USD range, it is my favorite receiver!

J

jmanlp

Audioholic
Hmmm, now that I look at it, I really don't need that usb feature. Should I just get the 54 also. Saves me about 330 bucks. Do they have the same ouput. The main feature I am after is the upconversion from composite and s-vid to component. Does the 54tx do this as well?

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
the 54 does everything the 56 does minus the firewire, the usb, the phono pre-amp, and the lighted remote. There may be one other thing I am forgetting, but essentially the 54 and the 56 are the same. You can even bi-amp your front channel speakers in a 5.1 set-up. If you don't need the extra connectivity, backlit remote, and the phono input, definitely go for the 54.

F

fwgwani

Enthusiast
Those features you mentioned are a big deal especially the USB port for those who have MP3's on their laptop... I don't know about you, but alot of the house parties I go to use MP3 playlists as their source of music and what better way to listen to that music than to hook it up to your reciever...

M

Mega2000

Audioholic
fwgwani said:
Those features you mentioned are a big deal especially the USB port for those who have MP3's on their laptop... I don't know about you, but alot of the house parties I go to use MP3 playlists as their source of music and what better way to listen to that music than to hook it up to your reciever...
save the $300 for the whole usb option and buy an mp3 players with that money and just hook it up through the headphone jack. my ipod sounds awesome through my yami v2500.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I bought the 53TX over a year ago. I thought about buying the 55TXi at the time and decided against it. (No Regrets).

THere are other ways to get your mp3s to your HT. I have a couple of ways that I do it. I have a digital coax cable run from the digital out on my PC. I use an ATI remote wonder to control itunes from my couch, or anywhere in the house for that matter (RF remote). I have almost 3500 songs on my computer so it makes a pretty nice jukebox. I also own an iPod and I was quite surprised on how good it sounded when connected to my receiver. Don't get me wrong it isn't the same quality you would expect from a CD, but using mp3s you are really looking for ease of use not studio master quality.

I don't think you will be disappointed with either receiver. Just don't get caught up on a feature you may or may not need.

J

jmanlp

Audioholic
I do no need the functionality because I 1)have an HTPC that uses nvidia soundstom for on the fly dolby digital over coax to my receiver 2) I have rahpsody so all the parties we have (and being in college we have a lot with loud music) everyone at the pary chooses what they want to listen too whenever they want. 54tx it is as long as I can verify it does video upconversion from both composite and s-video to component, which after reading your replies I'm sure it does. Thanks!

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
The 54tx definitely does up conversion. I got an incredible deal on mine from elegant audio video. Mark Herman was great to work with and I got my receiver within 4 days. 800.835.9403 is the number.

R

RedneckHunter

Enthusiast
Or build yourself a HTPC (Home Theater PC). That's what I did, I can watch all my "backed-up" movies and listen to ALL my mp3's.

T

trekuhl

Enthusiast
i ordered a 54tx a couple of weeks ago from tweeter for 999.99 (18 months no interest on their card) still wiating on it..gonna call tomorrow...

debating on whether to go with it or the yam2500 since they are both the same price there...

i havent actually listend to either one yet.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
I paid $661 shipped, and received it within 4 days. If I have to have any warranty work done I have to ship it back to them. No real loss for me as there are no authorized service centers here, so I would have to ship it anyway.

They will have it serviced at an authroized Pioneer service center and ship it back to me. I don't see how I could miss with that. They have the 56txi for around $1,000. I don't work for them, and am in fact many states removed, just want to pass along a great deal. If you talk to Mark tell him Campbell told you about it. He won't remember me, but hey it's nice to know hwere people hear things

T

trekuhl

Enthusiast
xsound -

how does the manufacturer warranty play into that?? pioneer says its limited to only the 6 or 7 dealers they list on their site - at least for itnernet dealers

did you order yours from a shop? im just curios as i could svae a lot of money if i decide to go with the 54tx...the financing deal at tweeter is not bad, but i could pay out of pocket if its going to save me - just keeping some ca$h on reserve for upcoming lasik procedure...

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
There is one dealer in my area that carries pioneer elite. They are not listed on pioneers site, so I called them (pioneer) and asked if this particular dealer is authorized (as the dealer advertises) or not. The customer service rep on the other end told me he was pretty sure that the dealer was authorized because he thought he remembered hearing their name somewhere. I thought ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I questioned him about this again and told him I didn't want to buy it and then find my warranty was not good. He told me not to worry and go ahead and buy.

I called elite audio and asked about their warranty procedure. Mark explained that repairs would have to be done through them, but that they would have the unit serviced by an authorized Pioneer service center.

In the end I decided to save the bucks and go internet for several reasons. The main one being that I would have to ship the product somewhere else to have it service no matter what. If I took it back to the local place they would have to ship, or I could ship it to elegant audiovideo directly. I prefer the direct route.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis