Pioneer 25 disc changer receiver is stuck on standby

• Thread starter Michael Persichetti
  • Start date
M

Michael Persichetti

Audiophyte
The model is Pioneer XR-P560F. If anyone knows what I should do, please respond.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The model is Pioneer XR-P560F. If anyone knows what I should do, please respond.
Take it to the recycling center. There is no reset and those units were not designed to be serviced.

It is an old boom box.

Here is a service manual. It is not very helpful and just lists the components and the circuit diagrams. There are no test procedures, so you would have to figure them out from the schematics. An old unit like that is not worth the trouble.

M

Michael Persichetti

Audiophyte
Just so you know, it may be an old system, it is not ready for the recycling bin. I also have the original operating manual, and I pulled it away so it had some breathing room, and it booted up around 5p, but I appreciate everything you did to help me resolve the problem. Thank you.

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
With these units, 9 times out of 10, the Laser assembly died. The cost of replacing it would exceed the value of the unit.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm kind of surprised it survived this long. Those units tended to fail pretty quick. Heat isn't necessarily the issue - something on the main board died. Parts may not even be available to repair it at this point, depending on what the issue is.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis