Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Got this for Christmas very good remaster in video and especially the sound track . The video is a great improvement over the original but can be a bit grainy in lighter scenes but overall very nicely done . The soundtrack really benefits from the DTS master HD very well done puts you right up front of the stage . Good deep content in the bass department too the Dark Side of the moon is part is killer and a must have if your a fan of the Floyd this is a different video mix than the original release many years ago too . If you’re a Floyd fan I recommend this as the extras alone are worth it . I put this right up there with the newly remastered Delicate Sound of Thunder Blu-ray which is one of the best remastered concerts I’ve seen .

Attachments

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I have the dvd....didn't know there was a bluray.....hmmm.
It’s done very well I seen this tour back in the day this improves on the standard dvd a lot this remastered version takes the video back to the original 4:3 ratio which I could take or leave but the new DTS master is incredible.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Great, tempt me some more :) I usually just listen to my 5.1 rip rather than watch it, tho.....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm still waiting to buy the new Animals SACD. I had it in my cart since it came out.

I remember watching Delicate Sound when I first got into Pink Floyd. Sadly, I was always "challenged" by their later live shows and while I enjoy the music, just never really vibed with the performances. *shrugs Pulse was the same for me. I still have the original CD with the blinking red light on the spine of the case! I used to change the battery out to keep it alive! ;)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I'm still waiting to buy the new Animals SACD. I had it in my cart since it came out.

I remember watching Delicate Sound when I first got into Pink Floyd. Sadly, I was always "challenged" by their later live shows and while I enjoy the music, just never really vibed with the performances. *shrugs Pulse was the same for me. I still have the original CD with the blinking red light on the spine of the case! I used to change the battery out to keep it alive! ;)
I’ve got the new remixed version Animals on Blu-ray it is amazing on the first couple run throughs . I’ve still got the original Pulse cd lol and changed the battery awhile back lol incidentally the new blu-ray has a bigger one . My opinion Animals is worth the add to any multi channel collection . I do agree there later live shows can be a bit much myself I prefer The Delicate Sound of Thunder for visual preference .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Great, tempt me some more :) I usually just listen to my 5.1 rip rather than watch it, tho.....
It’s very well done I read once how many tracks this was originally recorded in it was a lot . I read the other day they even brought back one or two backup singers to redo and clean up the backing vocals on this remaster .

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
DSoTM turns 50 this year and there is supposed to be a new box set coming out for it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I do agree there later live shows can be a bit much myself I prefer The Delicate Sound of Thunder for visual preference
I'm having flashbacks to watching Nick Mason tap on the drums. ;) He was always very modest about his skills, but the same goes for Dave and Richard...
And I've noticed it elsewhere with old British musicians, too.
It as if they've become too refined in their old age to get dirty on stage. ;) Of course, somewhere after playing a song for 20+ years, you can't change it much without p!ssing everybody off, so an element of sterility and over-rehearsal comes into the picture as well.
*shrugs
Anyway...
I still love the music and lament not being old enough to see a show before they "fell apart" in the 80's.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I'm having flashbacks to watching Nick Mason tap on the drums. ;) He was always very modest about his skills, but the same goes for Dave and Richard...
And I've noticed it elsewhere with old British musicians, too.
It as if they've become too refined in their old age to get dirty on stage. ;) Of course, somewhere after playing a song for 20+ years, you can't change it much without p!ssing everybody off, so an element of sterility and over-rehearsal comes into the picture as well.
*shrugs
Anyway...
I still love the music and lament not being old enough to see a show before they "fell apart" in the 80's.
Seen them at 3 rivers stadium in Pittsburgh . Rumored to be an old animals concert in the works from Chicago from back in the day coming if the two main players can agree on it Roger and Dave feuding held up the Remastered Animals release for years . Roger is really into multi channel mixes . I’ve seen Roger live to be honest he’s a better show and all his shows are in multi channel . He usually goes deep into the Floyd catalog too .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
DSoTM turns 50 this year and there is supposed to be a new box set coming out for it.
I’ve got the sacd of dark side it’s really good although my wife is not a fan of the background voices that seem to appear out of nowhere . I’ll be looking for the new box set for sure . Supposed to be a whole Dark side concert on film talked about from the U S tour . But getting all factions to agree on it seems to be a tuff sell from the Gilmour camp .

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Thanks for the heads up on this Blu-ray. I'll keep an eye open for it as I'm somewhat of a fan. I really like David Gilmour's concert disks (especially Live at the Royal Albert Hall). Not so much Roger's The Wall except of course where Gilmour plays. (If memory serves this is an Atmos Disk which was the reason I bought it.)

The best (by far!) re-engineered concert disk I've ever seen is INXS Live Baby Live from 1991. Not that I'm a huge fan (a few tunes) but the video and audio quality (Atmos too) was great.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thanks for the heads up on this Blu-ray. I'll keep an eye open for it as I'm somewhat of a fan. I really like David Gilmour's concert disks (especially Live at the Royal Albert Hall). Not so much Roger's The Wall except of course where Gilmour plays. (If memory serves this is an Atmos Disk which was the reason I bought it.)

The best (by far!) re-engineered concert disk I've ever seen is INXS Live Baby Live from 1991. Not that I'm a huge fan (a few tunes) but the video and audio quality (Atmos too) was great.
Rogers the wall live in Berlin that’s one I don’t have yet I’ve read good and bad on it . I do have his Blu-ray of Us+them it’s really good sound quality can’t get much better . I’ve got Gilmours live in gandansk , Live at the Royal Albert Hall , Live in pompa and an acustic done at the Royal Albert Hall . Iam a fan lol ! I will check out the Inxs I’ve seen it listed on Amazon for a reasonable price .

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
My wife and I have been looking for a good concert to watch in the HT room. I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan. My 2nd favorite band after TOOL. I'll have to acquire a copy of this one.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
My wife and I have been looking for a good concert to watch in the HT room. I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan. My 2nd favorite band after TOOL. I'll have to acquire a copy of this one.
I got it on Amazon think it was 39 bucks for the Blu-ray box set . I haven’t checked it lately . It’s a good sounding set . I just checked it’s 41 with prime now !

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Seen them at 3 rivers stadium in Pittsburgh . Rumored to be an old animals concert in the works from Chicago from back in the day coming if the two main players can agree on it Roger and Dave feuding held up the Remastered Animals release for years . Roger is really into multi channel mixes . I’ve seen Roger live to be honest he’s a better show and all his shows are in multi channel . He usually goes deep into the Floyd catalog too .
Hi, Mark, are you from the burgh? Never saw Floyd there but did see Led Zeppelin at three rivers in 1974.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I’ve got the sacd of dark side it’s really good although my wife is not a fan of the background voices that seem to appear out of nowhere . I’ll be looking for the new box set for sure . Supposed to be a whole Dark side concert on film talked about from the U S tour . But getting all factions to agree on it seems to be a tuff sell from the Gilmour camp .
DSoTM SACD sounds great and is available again not at ridiculous prices. WYWH SACD is also very good.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
DSoTM SACD sounds great and is available again not at ridiculous prices. WYWH SACD is also very good.
To me on my setup WYWH sounds the best very immersive really mixed well but I really can’t find much to fault with either one believe it or not I found WYWH at our local Sam goodys for 5 bucks I kind of turned my head when he rung it up was still in the original packaging kid never herd of Pink Floyd lol . Or sacd’s !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Hi, Mark, are you from the burgh? Never saw Floyd there but did see Led Zeppelin at three rivers in 1974.
Not close but am about an hour south west by Wheeling and St. Clairsville area in Ohio . Go to lots of shows in the burg would have loved to see the Zep . We go to Starlake a lot in the summer seen a lot of good bands there and I like Stage AE too good venues .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis