Pics of my DIY bass traps

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I built these for the corners. I used burlap as a cover. My only complaint is that I can see through the burlap a little which I didn't like.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I built these for the corners. I used burlap as a cover. My only complaint is that I can see through the burlap a little which I didn't like.
Looks good. :D Where will you place them?

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
If I were single they would be on the walls or kiddie corner. So because of the WAF they are in the corners on the floor right up against one side of a wall wedged into the corner. They are hidden behind plants. Another is right in the corner with the SVS. Wife just rolls her eyes as I was making them.
Sounds good

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
If I were single they would be on the walls or kiddie corner. So because of the WAF they are in the corners on the floor right up against one side of a wall wedged into the corner. They are hidden behind plants. Another is right in the corner with the SVS. Wife just rolls her eyes as I was making them.
Sounds good
I don't blame her, that looks worse than a bass trap, it looks like the monolith from 2001: A Space Audessy. Jk :D.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Hey, if you go with a projector setup with an acoustically transparent screen and false wall, you could bass trap the $hit outta that front wall, and nobody would be the wiser.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, if you go with a projector setup with an acoustically transparent screen and false wall, you could bass trap the $hit outta that front wall, and nobody would be the wiser.:D
Yeah, but she'd know that they were there. :D

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
You should let them air out outside for a few days.. White vinegar usually gets rid of odors as well

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
You should let them air out outside for a few days.. White vinegar usually gets rid of odors as well
Burlap is already on the trap so using vinegar would soak into rockboard right?

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Burlap is already on the trap so using vinegar would soak into rockboard right?
Probably would get some on it.. Not sure what kind of effect, if any, vinegar would have on rock board.

L

lavath

Enthusiast
totally sweet I like it when folk share details thanks

sorry but I need 5 posts to show my home theater build page I made

H

HifiSystems1

Enthusiast
Nice job- do you like the improvements in the low end?

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Nice job- do you like the improvements in the low end?
I definitely notice an improvement. Tighter bass. However I'll know more after I run REW. I'll update after I do it. I'm waiting till we take down the Xmas tree then ill measure.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I bought some new fabric called jet set and just put it right over the burlap. Wow it looks incredible. The burlap looked terrible. The jet set makes it look professional.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis