H

Halla

Audioholic Intern
I am in the market for a phono player. I took an old technics sl-b200-xa and connected that to my yamaha rxv 2500's phono plugs (do not get sound using v-aux etc. plug-in's). The sound is not good at all and there is this an
interference noise on my speakers even when nothing is playing (phono still selected on rxv 2500). Even when I select pure direct on rxv 2500 and the sound is going from the technics through the rxv 2500 to the plinius p10 and then to the jamo e855's, the noise is still there on the speakers.
Now I am a bit put off from buying a phono player.

Please advise

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
So, tell me....

Exactly what prompted you to post this query in this section? I mean, it's not like it's your first post here or anything like that.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I am in the market for a phono player. I took an old technics sl-b200-xa and connected that to my yamaha rxv 2500's phono plugs (do not get sound using v-aux etc. plug-in's). The sound is not good at all and there is this an
interference noise on my speakers even when nothing is playing (phono still selected on rxv 2500). Even when I select pure direct on rxv 2500 and the sound is going from the technics through the rxv 2500 to the plinius p10 and then to the jamo e855's, the noise is still there on the speakers.
Now I am a bit put off from buying a phono player.

Please advise
I took the liberty of bouncing this into the AV forums.

A turntable has a low output. You need a phono preamp to increase the level to line level, and also to correct for the RIAA recording curve. LPs were recorded with an HF pre emphasis according to the RIAA curve. De emphasis needs to applied on playback. You need one of these.

http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-S...e=51,63,63

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis