Personal review of the Sound BlasterX Katana

D

dinopkk

Audiophyte
I am a fan of Creative and Sound Blaster products. I love the feature of Sound Blaster's Crystalizer.

I bought the Sound BlasterX Katana soundbar for my LED TV and love it. I can get audio from the LED TV with Sound Blaster Crystalizer audio effect and other audio effects on the BlasterX Acoustic Engine.

Although the Sound BlasterX Katana does not have a HDMI audio input, I find the optical input to be sufficient as it is a 2.1 channel soundbar.

I can feel the audio from the left and right channels moving from the left to right or the right to left for some videos and I love it. I guess the stereo effect has got something to do with the left and right tweeters angled away from each other.

The bass of the subwoofer is decent as I have watched some movie trailers on youtube and found it to be strong for certain trailers for example a trailer of Spider Man Home Coming.

I placed the subwoofer at a corner of the living room with the port tube facing the wall and the subwoofer driver facing the listeners.

The subwoofer of the Sound BlasterX Katana is not wireless but the cable length between the subwoofer and the soundbar is approximately 2 meters or 6.56 feet long.

I find it to be good for my living room which not a huge bedroom. The power output of the Sound BlasterX Katana is 75 watts RMS. If the room housing the Sound BlasterX Katana is huge, the Sound BlasterX Katana may not be able to output audio with the best experience.

The audio effects settings can be adjusted and saved onto the soundbar using the Sound Blaster Connect software on a Windows computer.

Om Mani Padme Hum

Below is a video I uploaded to youtube on using the Sound BlasterX Katana as a soundbar for a LED TV.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis