Perlisten S5M Special Edition $6929

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I’m only posting these because I’ve been on the hunt for speakers and I absolutely positively should not spend this kind of money right now and I’m hoping someone here gives them a good home. Not my sale by the way, just passing along the information..

I hate being a responsible adult sometimes

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can't imagine paying this much for bookshelf speakers....even on sale.

ps thanks for your sacrifice in passing this up, tho :)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
The Music Room always has high-end equipment for sale. Special editions are always way more expensive. The wood veneer looks amazing but you can buy beautiful towers for that kind of money. The new Mofi or Ascends come to mind. Not that I’d ever spend that much on a pair of speakers.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I looked again and one of the cabinets is dented. Good luck.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I hear everyone on spending that much for bookshelf speakers but they dig down to the low 30s and our $13,990 new. Probably rival many towers

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hear everyone on spending that much for bookshelf speakers but they dig down to the low 30s and our $13,990 new. Probably rival many towers
If size/placement of such is a priority I suppose, would just rather go with towers at this level of expense.....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
These are likely among the best stand-mount speakers that can be had, irrespective of cost. That is a good deal.

S

stinga

Enthusiast
I bought my S5ms second hand, they didn't come with stands. An extra A$2300....

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
The markup some manufacturers have on stands is sometimes worse than the speakers. Another reason I prefer towers. One of the most reasonable is Ascend and they even offer a discount when you buy with their stand-mounts. But then most of their prices are reasonable for what you get.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The markup some manufacturers have on stands is sometimes worse than the speakers. Another reason I prefer towers. One of the most reasonable is Ascend and they even offer a discount when you buy with their stand-mounts. But then most of their prices are reasonable for what you get.
Yeah the price is steep, but I'd expect them be for purpose built stands and I'm sure the people buying these don't mind the cost. I'm also sure they forget about costs when that perfect directivity horizontal and vertical is let loose. :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Can't imagine paying this much for bookshelf speakers....
Yeah, I used to own the KEF Reference 201/2 bookshelf that cost $6K/pair. I thought they looked so cute because of their curved cabinets and "half Marlan Head" like the B&W Diamonds. :D

After a while, I was like, "I don't care if they cost $6K, they're still just bookshelf speakers". :D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis