PC to Wifi speaker streaming software

C

CyrusTalon

Audioholic Intern
Hello, I have the Sylvania 3 speaker home audio set https://curtis-sylvania.com/product/sp5752
They also have bluetooth capability.
I am looking for recommended software options to stream over wifi network from PC to speakers. When using an ipad, Sylvania recommends the Muzo app, but that is only for Apple products.
Any suggestions?
speakers.png

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would return them if Wi-fi control is your goal.

Wi-fi isn't a application level standard. It's a communication standard. So, when they built the speakers, they made it so it works on a wi-fi network. But, the APP is what controls that experience, and that app is MUZO. There isn't another app to run things. They aren't interchangeable. It's like buying a lock for your home, then asking what key will work with that lock. The answer is, the key that came with it. The Muzo app is what you are stuck with for wi-fi.

This doesn't mean that Muzo sucks. But, if it isn't on Android, and that's what you need, then you will need something that supports Android.
Alternatively, you could look at Yamaha Musiccast products. Denon Heos. Or Sonos speakers, all of which have apps for both Android and iOS devices.

Bluetooth is not a Wi-fi standard. Bluetooth is a different wireless communication standard. You could play back from a phone or any bluetooth device directly to the speakers as long as you are within range of the speakers to do so. About 20 feet or so (varies wildly).

I use a bluetooth speaker for some outdoor sports I do. It works great. I just set my phone on top of the speaker and it plays it back at volume.
I use Sonos in my home. I can start streaming from the unit and it plays it back on various wired speakers in my home.

There are other options for connecting to the system you have as well. Like getting a Bluesound Node and connecting it to your Sylvania speakers using a 3.5mm stereo aux. cable.

But, if the Sylvania doesn't meet your needs, then I would return it and go with Heos, Musiccast, Sonos, or similar.

C

CyrusTalon

Audioholic Intern
I would return them if Wi-fi control is your goal.
Bummer. They work fine using Muzo on the ipad, but I was hoping to stream playlists from my PC. I can stream to both of them via blutooth on pc, usin Nahimic, but not over wifi.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Try using foobar2000 to stream over wifi/dlna...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis