xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
hi guys im hooking up a pc to an avr in my last room that needs a system, i tried using the line out on the pc to the receiver using a 3.5mm to rca adapter, the sound was so low i had to turn it up to 80+ to get sound i tried different places on the avr thinking maybe its where i hooked it up at but no all the same,then i tried using the hdmi from gpu to avr and that didnt work at all,so all i have left to try is the fibre optic cable,and that wont give me true surround i dont think but im only going to be using 2.1 in this room anyways.so what i wanted to know is if the audio was so low would that mean the avr is bad?

p.s the unit im using is the integra 40.3 i got 3 of them 1 for each room,and the pc im using has onboard 7.1 sound not that,that matters much lol.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I use Bluetooth adapter with mine. Have you tried another 3.5 cord? Might be the culprit. I doubt it's the Integra. I use aux with mine and sounds fantastic.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If it's for music only use plex or serviio on the PC and the integra should see it and allow for browsing your library

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
i was gonna use it for music,movies and stuff,hmm i didnt try the aux,i shouldve tho but im waiting on speakers anyways,the ones i tried were from an old 5.1 logitech kit,i tried phono,game,tv,and something else i forget but all were super low volume,I may try it again when i get the nerve lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you have an hdmi output on your pc this is the way I'd go for both video/audio (and do when I connect my pc to my avr). You may just need to enable it if you have the port. Using the analog out with low level, did you set the output to max in the pc?

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
yeah the first thing i did was check the level it was maxed so im thinking the cable was bad or something,problem is i have a high end gaming rig which i use a 144hz monitor so i use the dvi-d link for display to get those refresh rates,cant do that on hdmi,i guess if i had to i could go back to plain old 60hz lol i would need 2 hdmi cables tho,i think i only have 1 right now easy enough to get one,im beginning to regret hooking the pc up now lol

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If you don't have hdmi on your board but do have dvi or display port you can get an adapter to change them to hdmi. They both carry the same audio/video as hdmi for the most part. That's by far the easiest way to hook things up. Analog out from the PC will usually not sound all that great. It's pretty much an afterthought on modern PCs.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If you don't have hdmi on your board but do have dvi or display port you can get an adapter to change them to hdmi. They both carry the same audio/video as hdmi for the most part. That's by far the easiest way to hook things up. Analog out from the PC will usually not sound all that great. It's pretty much an afterthought on modern PCs.
If the dvi is dvi-d not dvi-a the adapters will work..

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If the dvi is dvi-d not dvi-a the adapters will work..
If it's an older PC then yeah, there could be issues, but for the most part there shouldn't be any compatibility problems.

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
i use dvi-d, im wondering tho if i may have connected the hdmi to a passthru or not im going to try again later today and see what happens,i tried using hdmi from gpu to hdmi (game) input on receiver but in windows i couldnt set the hdmi audio to default,said it was not connected so hmm.and i do see it on there greyed out so at least its there,

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis