PC / Speaker setup: advice needed on cabling

C

CrVMo

Enthusiast
Hi.
I am considering the following PC / speaker setup:
  • EVGA NU - Audio Card
  • 2 Audio Pro ADDON C10’s – Speakers
Using the line out (RCA L/R) connections on the audio card, what is the correct cabling arrangement such that a stereo output is achieved from the two speakers?
Thanks,
CrVMo

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi.
I am considering the following PC / speaker setup:
  • EVGA NU - Audio Card
  • 2 Audio Pro ADDON C10’s – Speakers
Using the line out (RCA L/R) connections on the audio card, what is the correct cabling arrangement such that a stereo output is achieved from the two speakers?
Thanks,
CrVMo
You'd connect the rca cable for the left channel to an rca input on one speaker, the cable for the right channel to the other speaker.....I see that the speaker is meant more to operate in mono by having both L/R inputs on a single speaker but would think that they'd work with just the left or right input used on a pair. Ask Audio Pro to be sure I suppose....they didn't have an online manual that I saw....

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
The C10 is a stereo speaker. If you intend to use two of them in a stereo configuration, then you need two RCA splitters (right and left) from the sound card. The right splitter will go to both inputs of the right C10. Ditto for the left.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
You'd connect the rca cable for the left channel to an rca input on one speaker, the cable for the right channel to the other speaker.....I see that the speaker is meant more to operate in mono by having both L/R inputs on a single speaker but would think that they'd work with just the left or right input used on a pair. Ask Audio Pro to be sure I suppose....they didn't have an online manual that I saw....
He could use 2 rca splitters so both speakers have stereo as long as one is in the rear and the other in front like all channel stereo!

Basically split the red line output so both speakers red line input gets that signal and split the white line output to both speakers white line input.

It would only make sense in a front and rear arrangement otherwise your suggestion is correct to use as a left and right speaker. I wonder if that would defeat one of the drivers in each cabinet though with a mono input unless of course that single mono wire was split utilizing both inputs on each speaker!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
He could use 2 rca splitters so both speakers have stereo as long as one is in the rear and the other in front like all channel stereo!

Basically split the red line output so both speakers red line input gets that signal and split the white line output to both speakers white line input.

It would only make sense in a front and rear arrangement otherwise your suggestion is correct to use as a left and right speaker. I wonder if that would defeat one of the drivers in each cabinet though with a mono input unless of course that single mono wire was split utilizing both inputs on each speaker!
All channel stereo sounds horrible to me as an idea :) Good question about what happens with a single input particularly, but I'd think all three drivers would operate....and that two of them aren't discrete but I'm guessing. I'd think there are better active speakers for this purpose, tho.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The C10 is a stereo speaker. If you intend to use two of them in a stereo configuration, then you need two RCA splitters (right and left) from the sound card. The right splitter will go to both inputs of the right C10. Ditto for the left.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
I didn't see the single speaker described as "stereo" but rather multi-room. One squib from the product page indicates "Group and play, set to left/right for stereo pairs. "

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
All channel stereo sounds horrible to me as an idea :) Good question about what happens with a single input particularly, but I'd think all three drivers would operate....and that two of them aren't discrete but I'm guessing. I'd think there are better active speakers for this purpose, tho.
For sure! There are definitely better solutions and cheaper, did you catch the figure on those speakers! :eek:

C

CrVMo

Enthusiast

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
What I was looking for was one C10 speaker being the right channel, and the other C10 the left - not each speaker providing a stereo sound. Possible?
Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's possible, the question is how particularly according to the brand....unless you found a manual? They indicate in the product blurb on their website that you can "Group and play, set to left/right for stereo pairs". Whether that entails more than hooking up an input to each speaker, or if there is another setting isn't clear. Try asking here https://us.audiopro.com/service-and-support/

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis