T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Kinda’ sad that I didn’t activate this mode correctly over the last couple of years. Instead, I’ve struggled with lip sync issues from all of my external devices. I’d tweak the AVR, streamers and disc players only to get close but always be pissed that it never was perfectly in sync. I keep the specs of my TV handy so I can look at them from time to time and fiddle with the settings. I had tried PC mode in the past and didn't think it did anything. Well, it didn’t do anything because I failed to make a critical adjustment. My TV cannot display PC mode properly if the signal is anything other than 60hz. So, I changed the settings in all of my devices so everything going to the TV through the AVR was 60hz. F#%k me! No lag! All synced up now. Doing this dropped my picture mode options from four to just two. It disabled access to many settings within the modes and I can no longer play around with motion interpolation. That is not a bad thing. The picture is not what it was and that is not a bad thing either. Gone are the color and contrast issues I could never get quite right. All that crap going on behind the scenes really added some lag. My TV is no prize winner and the HDR feature actually sucks. Sending HDR signals to it actually results in worse picture quality as it darkens a bit and colors are muted. Turning HDR off in all of my devices and using PC mode in the TV has improved everything. I’ll do more research before buying my next TV but this will do just fine until that day comes. Is anybody else using this mode on their TV? Results?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not familiar with this politcally correct mode on my tv, don't believe my tv has such.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Good s#%t sir!:D You must have opened the good bottle tonight.:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just cracked a beer actually after I posted. The good bottle might come out later....

Made me look, tho....I don't have a pc picture mode.....think there is a special pc input for vga, tho.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis