LineController

LineController

Junior Audioholic
Anyone ever use a sound bar setup for PC ? If so what is best connection method? HDMI, Optical,3.5mm? Thanks for any input. Already have headset so no need for that

S

sgtkahuna

Junior Audioholic
I'm a little late for this, I assume you already figured it out but just in case: I would use a 3.5mm jack

LineController

LineController

Junior Audioholic
I'm a little late for this, I assume you already figured it out but just in case: I would use a 3.5mm jack
Yes. Appreciate the feedback. We returned the Omen and built a better custom. Works awesome. And picked up a Klipsch Heritage 2.1 setup.

L

Labley

Audiophyte
Basket Random said:
Anyone ever use a sound bar setup for PC ? If so what is best connection method? HDMI, Optical,3.5mm? Thanks for any input. Already have headset so no need for that
Yes, a soundbar can be a great addition to your PC gaming setup. The best connection method depends on the capabilities of your soundbar and your PC. If your soundbar supports HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) and your PC has an HDMI output, this is the best method to use. It allows for high-quality audio and allows your soundbar to be controlled by your TV remote. If your soundbar doesn't have HDMI ARC but has an optical input, this is another good option. Optical cables provide high-quality audio and are easy to set up.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I'm coming into this thread really late but don't see why a small soundbar wouldn't work. I haven't tried one myself since I have some great speakers on my desk and a really good sub next to it - but I do use a tiny soundbar with my stand mounted Echo Show 15. I just couldn't take the tinny sound from the tiny built-in rear firing speakers, so I added a Polk Audio MagniFi Mini (non-Atmos). The only name brand soundbar I could find that's smaller than my Show 15 and fits under it just fine. Not the best speaker that I've ever heard, but a huge improvement over the Show's speakers and it was on a 50% off sale.

The only other place that I've ever used a soundbar is under my 'throne TV' :D, so I'm hardly a soundbar expert. What I do like and have owned when space was tight were tiny Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers and they worked great. The non-BT version even goes on really deep sale every once in a while. Again, they won't compete with a high-buck speaker system with a great subwoofer, but for their tiny size - wow!

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis