PB-2000 not impressed

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have a little update on my SB-13 Ultra. I thought the sub was rattling things in my room but I found out that the rattle is actually is from the sub it self! Its coming from the amp in the back.
Well that sucks, still under warranty?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I have a little update on my SB-13 Ultra. I thought the sub was rattling things in my room but I found out that the rattle is actually is from the sub it self! Its coming from the amp in the back.
That really sucks and of course should definetly not be happening. They have excellent customer service tho. Should be easy for them to replace

B

bravo79

Audioholic Intern
SVS offered a replacement amp without any question. I'm actually amazed how friendly they are and easy to deal with.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
SVS offered a replacement amp without any question. I'm actually amazed how friendly they are and easy to deal with.
That's one reason why once I purchase from them I tend to stay with them they have some of the best customer service I've ever experienced period. Not just in audio I mean period.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That's one reason why once I purchase from them I tend to stay with them they have some of the best customer service I've ever experienced period. Not just in audio I mean period.
W o r d.....

B

bravo79

Audioholic Intern
I just kept my RSL speedwoofer 10s for my bedroom it works just fine when I move to the new house in about 3vweeks I'll think about upgrading for real in the new bedroom
I heard a lot of good things about the RSL speedwoofer 10s . There is video where the guy liked it more than the monolith 10.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I heard a lot of good things about the RSL speedwoofer 10s . There is video where the guy liked it more than the monolith 10.
Yeah I saw that video I think it has a bit more midbass punch but the Monolith can hit those deep waters. That's the price for that low extension tho something has got to give somewhere for it to pull that off.

Those RSL's are serious overacheivers. On a tight budget that is one of my first go 2 reccomendations

B

bravo79

Audioholic Intern
They do have in home trial for free its very tempting. However there is a local deal for pb-2000 for $450 but I just dont like how the pb-2000 sound

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
I had a similar experience with my first SVS sub. They had me do a little troubleshooting and sent me a new amp.

B

bravo79

Audioholic Intern
Yeah I saw that video I think it has a bit more midbass punch but the Monolith can hit those deep waters. That's the price for that low extension tho something has got to give somewhere for it to pull that off.

Those RSL's are serious overacheivers. On a tight budget that is one of my first go 2 reccomendations
Home Theater Hobbyist owned an HSU vtf-2 mk5 and here is what he said about the RSL

"The Hsu goes lower with a bit more clarity and has more output for a given volume by virtue of being a larger sub. I do enjoy music a bit more with the RSL. "

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Home Theater Hobbyist owned an HSU vtf-2 mk5 and here is what he said about the RSL

"The Hsu goes lower with a bit more clarity and has more output for a given volume by virtue of being a larger sub. I do enjoy music a bit more with the RSL. "
Hard to say, since they aren’t saying why they came to that conclusion. LOL :)

Maybe personal preference or just what sounds better in a particular room comes into play. For example, It’s possible their preference is for the sub to not have much output and not stand out in their system.

B

bravo79

Audioholic Intern
Update: the sb13 ultra went back to svs. Now I have the rsl speedwoofer 10s I thought that I will miss the ultra but to my surprise I’m happy with the rsl

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Update: the sb13 ultra went back to svs. Now I have the rsl speedwoofer 10s I thought that I will miss the ultra but to my surprise I’m happy with the rsl
Congratulations I'm not surprised those RSL's are a really good sub. And for 400 bucks man the quality is sic. You can go duals for 800 quads for 1200 that's sic

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm almost done setting up my bedroom setup at the new place I would like to put 2 PC 2000's in that room just because I've always wanted to try them but I really can't ignore the fact that for 400 right now I have some pretty Damn good duals and for 800 and then 800 more down the line Is have have a quad setup in there. I've always wanted to run quads just to experience and see if it helps in the areas people say it does. We will just have to see! Lol :D

B

bravo79

Audioholic Intern
I would go for quads. Pc-2000 impressions are similar to the pb-2000 great number on paper but not exciting.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I would go for quads. Pc-2000 impressions are similar to the pb-2000 great number on paper but not exciting.
It's just weird you had such a bad experience with them my experience with my PB 2000 was awesome.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis