Passive 3D vs Active 3D

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
I once owned Samsung Tv UN55Js8500 3D 4K with active 3d glasses. It broke down within some few months and Samsung doesn't have a replacement for me so they reimbursed me. I now own an LG 55" 55EG9600 3D 4K which is way better than the Samsung. But when watching 3d, i realized the Samsung 3d has deeper image and better feel than the LG. I'm not sure if it's because of the passive glasses. I really want to enjoy my movies like i used to with the Samsung. I read a thread which the reviewer stated that, there's actually no difference between passive and active glasses.If so, is it because the Samsung is better in 3D than the LG or it has to be with the glasses. If the glasses are the cause, what universal active glasses will one recommend. Thanks for your time

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd like to see that thread because to me active is noticeably better than passive. Passive you are actually missing part of the image because it is a polarizing effect, not actually a shutter effect. The net effect of both is you see the image, but to me active is sharper.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have active on my 850C, it works well enough. I do like passive, because you can scam the 3D glasses from Movie theaters and they work on your TV. LOL

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I tried Samsung's active 3D a few times. It was like watching a movie through fan blades for me. Passive is less headache-y, in spite of the halved resolution. On the other hand, my projector's 3D is glitchy during scenes with heavy textures -- pretty much all of Dr. Strange, for example; but that might be the result of a cheap Chinese 3D polarizer gadget I'm using to allow the use of passive glasses. One of these days I need to order a pair of DLPLink 3D glasses and try 3D the way BenQ intended.

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
I have active on my 850C, it works well enough. I do like passive, because you can scam the 3D glasses from Movie theaters and they work on your TV. LOL
Hahahahaaa that's funny! Of course i love that as well

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis