Parts-Express can't keep the Dayton Ultimax subwoofers in stock due to supplier issue

A

aweir

Enthusiast
Seems like the Dayton Ultimax 15" and 18" are REALLY hard to get. Parts-Express was supposed to have them in stock again at the beginning of October, but now it seems the date has been pushed ahead to December. I went to the Parts-Express store and inquired about why they are always out of this speaker.

The salesman told me it was a supplier issue. My guess is it's such a good speaker for the price that people buy them up as soon as they get them in stock. But should it really take over 3 months to make them and ship them?

It's a shame because there's very few speakers that can match the performance of the Ultimax and if there are they cost twice as much. Dayton goes to painstaking lengths to provide T/S specifications, cabinet size measurements and frequency/impedance graphs.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
what happen the boat get lost at sea in it's route from China ?

A

aweir

Enthusiast
Not sure, but even the 12" Ultimax won't be re-stocked until December, which as just absurd.

Maybe they only have them shipped a few times a year?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe they aren't a high priority customer for the supplier, maybe the supplier is having their own supply issues....is there a discussion in their forums about it?

D

Dsav101

Audioholic Intern
Sad to hear this. I really need another 15" for a matching set of subs!

A

aweir

Enthusiast
I went with the DIY Soundgroup birch plywood enclosure and an 18" Stereo Integrity
HT-18 v2 subwoofer. I believe it will be roughly equal to the performance of the Ultimax.
The HT-18 has more xmax than the Ultimax (22.5 vs. 22mm) and a higher SPL
but less RMS wattage which doesn't bother me because 600 watts RMS should be plenty.

I'll be powering this with a 1,024 watts RMS Dayton Audio HPSA 1000-R external amplifier.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis