F

fastfreddy

Junior Audioholic
Hi.
My question is in reference to the differnce between the Paradigm Monitor series and the paradigm Refernce series. I am presently using a Denon 3805 receiver with Monitor 7's as my fronts. My question is would the studio 40 or 60's make a big differnce in sound quality.

Thanks in advance.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
To my ears the Studio series is in a different league all together. Which version are you looking at ? The sound opens up quite a bit and the midrange is more natural and the highs are not as edgy.The midbass hump that the monitor series has is not there in the Studio series which in turn gives you a much tighter well defined bass response with better depth and authority.

Cheers,
Glenn

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
Paradigm Studio Reference Series vs Monitor Series

Fast Freddy,

I have to agree with anamorphic96's observations. I was quite pleased with how much better the Studio Reference Series 2 speakers were when compared with the Monitor series, but when the Reference 3 Series were introduced, I was again pleasantly surprised. So much so, that after auditioning numerous High and Mid High end speaker systems, I purchased the Studio Reference Verison 3 100's, CC-470 and ADP-470s, all as a matched set. I'm still extremely pleased with them.

Go forth and use your ears....

Pat :cool:

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
Has anyone heard the Monitor version 4's yet? My local dealer is just getting them in and doesn't have any set up yet. I have heard that the new crossover smooths out the midrange quite a bit.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis