C

Calgary28

Enthusiast
Buying speakers for my new home theater and just wondering if anyone had any input or experience with the following speakers:

Paradigm
OW-Monitor 5 Fronts
OW-CC-370 Center
ADP-370 Surrounds
PDR-12 Sub

Jamo
E-680 Fronts
E6 Center
E 600 Surround

I am going to either buy an Integra 6.5 or 7.4 receiver.

Any input would be great.

Thanks.

I

Illuminatti

Junior Audioholic
Hi, i used to own a Jamo E650(floorstander) as my front set-up paired with a JMLab CC700 center speaker and an M&K subwoofer. Initially it performed well but when i became more discerning, i realized that i needed an upgrade because it seems my speakers lack the clarity, imaging and soundstage i needed. Since i already have a good subwoofer, i did not limit my choices to just floorstanders. I auditioned several brands like Monitor Audio, Mission, B&W, PSB and wharfedale.

After several hours of auditions using A/B testing (if it can be allowed), i ended up buying a Paradigm Mini Monitor. My first reaction was WOW! the imaging, soundstage, and clarity that ive been looking for is here without breaking my bank. The small wonder packs some awesome sonic characteristics which i never found in my Jamos.

I believe that Paradigm is way above Jamo in terms of clarity, imaging and soundstage. If i could only afford Paradigm's Studio or Signature series id be the happiest person in this forum.

The Monitor 5, CC370, and ADP370 tandem IMHO, is NOT COMPARABLE to the Jamo combo.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
I can't comment on the speakers, but be careful with the Integra. I've heard that recently, they've begun using all the same parts in their receivers as their parent company (Onkyo). This isn't necessarily a problem except for the fact that you're probably paying more for the Integra name, looks, and maybe slightly better customer service. If you like Integra, don't forget to check out Onkyo too.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Paradigm. I've always looked at Jamo's as an economical speaker.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis