Paradigm sub PDR-12

S

Sbog67

Audiophyte
I Have a PDR-12 and it powers up but there is no output. When the sub is turned all the way up there is a faint static sound. Checked the amp, cables, even tried different receivers, same problem. Any ideas?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Was the sub enabled in both receivers?
Do you have a 3.5 to rca that you can plug in directly to the sub? Connect it to a cell phone or something like that and play directly through the sub.
Also, if you have the cable unplugged from the receiver, and you touch that end with your thumb, does it make noise? (do this at low volumes)

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
I Have a PDR-12 and it powers up but there is no output. When the sub is turned all the way up there is a faint static sound. Checked the amp, cables, even tried different receivers, same problem. Any ideas?
Amp is bad. I've had a few of those. I would take off the plate Amp and look for any blown or leaking caps.

IMHO buy a new sub.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I suspect also a bad amp, but would test like William mentioned. Sometimes the plate amp won't even have a particular visible indication via inpsection, tho but also worth checking out just in case its obvious. While the amp it came with is likely setup specifically for that sub design, it is possible to use another amp but may need some dsp help, but just might be time for a new sub....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis