Paradigm Studio CL find

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Will post pics of the Studio towers once everything is setup

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
That's a heckuva nice score for $300. Lucky you!

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Thanks man! Here’s the signature W5 which from what I understand has a much better tweeter made out of beryllium. I’m keeping either the 690 or the W5 we’ll see which one sounds better. I’ve been a huge Mirage fan all of my life and Paradigm are one of the few brands that I’ve owned their new stuff and I have to say I’m definitely a Paradigm fanboy now
4B1AD392-26D6-4A43-8A86-B79F5FA1FCBA.jpeg
CA8AAF7E-3020-41C8-BEE1-CF83FE662CF0.jpeg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That is an incredible score! Studio 60 v5 (in rosenut) are asking C$1600 and Signature C3 v3 centre is asking C$1800 on CanuckAudioMart. To get all of that for $300 is a steal.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
That is an incredible score! Studio 60 v5 (in rosenut) are asking C$1600 and Signature C3 v3 centre is asking C$1800 on CanuckAudioMart. To get all of that for $300 is a steal.
Thanks man! It also came with a ML Dynamo 600x which I ignored until a few minutes ago. Plugged it in, downloaded the app and ran its version of ARC and for a 10” sub it isn’t too bad. I mean for the $699 every retailer wants for it at the moment I would go with an SVS but a cool little sub either way. I’m considering keeping the CC690 and selling the W5 for $500+SH. Maybe more? I’m curious if there’s actually a market for the it

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks man! It also came with a ML Dynamo 600x which I ignored until a few minutes ago. Plugged it in, downloaded the app and ran its version of ARC and for a 10” sub it isn’t too bad. I mean for the $699 every retailer wants for it at the moment I would go with an SVS but a cool little sub either way. I’m considering keeping the CC690 and selling the W5 for $500+SH. Maybe more? I’m curious if there’s actually a market for the it
The CC690 is already a good centre and matches the Studio 60 so I see nothing wrong in keeping that one. I'm not sure where the W5 lines up compared to the C3 but the beryllium tweeter usually commands a premium. The W5 retailed for $3k in 2009 (not sure which version though). It is a wall mount so worth less than a regular Signature centre. I believe the mid/tweeter can be rotated for L/R or centre use (some models were W5C when configured as centres). I see Paradigm centres for sale in Canada on a regular bases but as a wall mount the W5 will be harder to sell. I looked up some old CanuckAudioMart ads and they were consistently asking over C$1000. You could probably start at US$800 or more.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Ended up selling the Signature W5 for $700, the ML Dynamo 600x for $300. One of the best deals I’ve ever gotten in my entire buying and selling life, I essentially got a new LRC soundstage for free and pocketed $700 profit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis