Paradigm Speaker Pricing

M

Max997

Banned
Im looking at the Paradigm Studio speaker series and I was wondering if the pricing is the same for all the finishes or if it varies depending on the finishing you select.

I like the Rosenut finish but if its more I might have to settle for the black finish

Thanks

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
I about 99% sure they're the same price for all finishes.

M

Max997

Banned
thanks, thought i remembered reading something about different prices for different finishes but that could have been the signature series which would make sense

Thanks

M

Max997

Banned
Hans said:
I bought a full 7.1 Studio Reference in rosenut about 4 months ago. I had the same quote for black or rosenut.

Studio 100x2
Studio 20x4
Studio CC570
Servo 15

I posted some pics here:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23859

MSRP was 9952$ CAD if im not mistaken, but got them for several thousands less. Good hunting!

thanks....right now I am just looking to get a pair of Studio 40's, CC570 and matching premier stands

nice setup

Last edited:
jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
HT upgrade

Max,
Nice system.
You might consider an A/B test of the Studio 20's or 40's vs. you current Axioms. You might find that the Axiom's hold up pretty well and spend your upgrade funds elsewhere.

B

beaninno

Audiophyte
Why are you replacing the axioms?

I'm a new and considering the Axioms vs the Paradigm. Why are you replacing the Axioms?

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
My undertsanding is that the price is the same for all finishes if you pay full retail. A premium is charged for other than black finishes if you receive a discount, and/or the black finish can be had at a discount with some vendors.

M

Max997

Banned
beaninno said:
I'm a new and considering the Axioms vs the Paradigm. Why are you replacing the Axioms?
Not that Im unhappy with the Axioms but I wanted the Paradigms initially but couldnt afford them ( not that I can now either ). I have the upgrade itch and I'll be moving my stuff to a larger room so I said what the hell

M

Max997

Banned
jcPanny said:
Max,
Nice system.
You might consider an A/B test of the Studio 20's or 40's vs. you current Axioms. You might find that the Axiom's hold up pretty well and spend your upgrade funds elsewhere.
thanks

I more or less have the upgrade bug and im moving into a larger room...not really disappointed with the Axioms

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
Paradigm Speakers

I bought my Paradigm Studio Reference Monitor system a couple of years ago and love the sound it produces. I spent a long time listening to numerous products, including Axioms, prior to deciding to spend the extra money on the Paradigms, and couldn't be happier. I perceived the Paradigms to have a much smoother and more natural sound than the Axioms, which while still very good, seemed excessively bright and forward. Plus, I perceived the build quality differences to be obvious between the two lines. For me, although the Axiom price point was attractive, I just felt that I would be happier long term with the Paradigm product. Perhaps it just gets down to the amount of expenditure one can afford. That said, I also listened to many higher priced speakers in as contolled of an environment as possible - inlcuding most of the favorites you often read about in these pages. I still thought that the Paradigms were the best value of the group. Of course, it will come down to personal preference at some point - but then, we are our own arbitors of taste and value, right?

On to the finish vs price issue. After Paradigm discontinued real wood veneers for the Studio Reference Series speakers with the Version 2 product, and started using laminates only on the Version 3 product, I don't believe there is any difference in cost between finishes. Of course, there are differences in their Signature series, which offer premium finish wood veneers that are drop dead gorgeous. Of course, I couldn't justify that kind of cash to achieve a beatiful furniture quality finish on my speakers. Perhaps someday.

Pat:cool:

Paradigm Studio Reference Series 100's
Paradigm Studio Reference Series CC-470
Paradigm Studio Reference Series ADP-470
HSU dual TN-1220 Subwoofers with HSU 500 watt amp
B&K AVR-507 Surround Receiver
Marantz DV-8400 Universal Player
Pioneer Elite 50" Plasma
2) ART SLA 150 WPC stereo power amps
2) pairs of NEAR 8T external speakers
Scientific Atlanta Hi-Def DVR

Latest posts