Paradigm Seismic 110

Ridikolus

Ridikolus

Audiophyte
Has anyone reviewed these little gremlins? I can't find a single test on YouTube or anywhere. I skeptical, it seems like it might hit hard for cinema LFE but how is it for music?
The stats are impressive: ±3 dB 17Hz – 250Hz and uses an 850w amp (1700w peak).

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
10 inch driver in a sealed small enclosure getting down to 17 in what size room

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like an "in-room" response at who knows what spl....the Paradigm page calls it 18hz DIN. For that kind of money you can do better....

Ridikolus

Ridikolus

Audiophyte
It's the small footprint that has me interested. I'd just like to see one in action. I love good sound but having a 20" cube sitting around is not as elegant as I'd like.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hoffman's Iron Law applies to an extent. I'd like to see proper measurements of one....maybe @shadyJ has one coming up?

Ridikolus

Ridikolus

Audiophyte
Am I wrong to assume I should get a Paradigm sub to match my Paradigm towers? Cause I'm probably biased. I'm only considering Paradigm subs at the moment. So even if I don't pick up a Seismic 110, it'll be a Defiance X10 or X12. My room isn't that big, I just want tight musical bass that compliments my system. And, I also like the idea of the Paradigm wireless R/T, though I've never used one.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It's the small footprint that has me interested. I'd just like to see one in action. I love good sound but having a 20" cube sitting around is not as elegant as I'd like.
I don't know which might ultimately be better, but for deep bass from a small footprint, you should also be looking at JL Audio's e110 and e112!
Pretty sure Gene still has these in his Family Room.
They are not cheap, but you have to pay extra to get serious bass out of a small package.
Honestly, I doubt Paradigm is making a sub/driver like this:

Last edited:
Ridikolus

Ridikolus

Audiophyte
Thanks for the suggestions guys, much to consider.

And, I guess, thanks for the trolls, mazersteven. :cool:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hoffman's Iron Law applies to an extent. I'd like to see proper measurements of one....maybe @shadyJ has one coming up?
Nope, and I doubt that you will see KEF send it out to get measured by anyone. That will never happen.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
How's Kef involved? You did review other Paradigm subs....
For some reason, I thought someone was referring to that little Kef sub with the dual opposed 8"s. I think I might have been reading another thread at the same time. As for the Paradigm sub in question, I doubt Paradigm will allow any reviews of it at this point by my or anyone. It isn't going to measure that well, and it's an older product and Paradigm no doubt wants to put focus on the newer stuff.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Whole thing seems dubious to me....
And yeah, definitely don’t be concerned with matching sub to speakers. Absolutely NO reason to worry about that.
You’re right to be skeptical, good instincts. I doubt it would hit hard for films, but conversely might be ok for music. I’d pass....

R

Revolver

Audiophyte
Late response here, but I've had a pair of Seismic 110's for years. They're good subs for the size. I've never measured below 20 Hz or to the limit of the subs, but in my living room 2-channel setup I have no issues down to 20Hz. At the volumes I listen to, which can get very loud with music, the subs have never showed signs of distress.

Capture.PNG

Between the measurements I've seen on the e-Sub 110, 112 and Seismic 110, I think the Seismic would fall in between the 2 JL's in terms of performance.

Honestly, I doubt Paradigm is making a sub/driver like this:
IMO the Seismic 110 and E-Sub 110, while dissimilar, are still probably the most similar drivers on the market to each other. Paradigm's magnet stack is in the middle of the motor assembly (in between the 2 spiders), but they both have deep motors with spiders spaced several inches apart which is unique to those 2 drivers as far as I know. When the E-Sub came out my first thought was that JL took some inspiration from Paradigm's driver design.

Paradigm shaped the Seismic's aluminum cabinet so the driver would take up the whole face and JL just made the driver mounting flange the size of the entire front baffle.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Paradigm has always made good performing subs and speakers in the past so there isnt any reason to doubt them. At one time they had a 230 lb 6 driver sub that very few if any could touch for SPL in infrasonic range (below 20 Hz) and above. It was an expensive juggernaught to be sure.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Paradigm has always made good performing subs and speakers in the past so there isnt any reason to doubt them. At one time they had a 230 lb 6 driver sub that very few if any could touch for SPL in infrasonic range (below 20 Hz) and above. It was an expensive juggernaught to be sure.
sounds like the Persona Sub currently!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis