Paradigm Premier 700F Towers

Paul C

Paul C

Junior Audioholic
I have a pair of Paradigm Monitor 7.v6 LCR Speakers, thinking of switching them out for the Paradigm Premier 700F Towers-any thoughts or opinions on the Premier 700F's?

Premier 700F
CA$999.00 per SP
5-driver, 3-way bass reflex, floor standing±3dB from 45 Hz - 25 kHz 33 Hz (DIN)91 dB / 88 dB

Paradigm Monitor 7.v6
  • Design MagneShieldTM optional for Black Ash only, 4-driver, 2-1/2-way bass reflex, quasi-3rd-order resistive port
  • Crossover 3rd-order electro-acoustic at 2.0 kHz, 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 700 Hz (lower bass drivers)
  • High-Frequency Driver 25-mm (1 in) H-PTDTM dome, ferrofluid cooled
  • Bass / Midrange Driver(s) 140-mm (5-1/2 in) M-ICPTM cone, 25-mm (1 in) voice coil, GRIPTM chassis
  • Bass Driver Two 140-mm (5-1/2 in) carbon-infused polypropylene cones, 25-mm (1 in) voice coils, GRIPTM chassis Low Frequency Extension 41 Hz (DIN) Frequency Response:
  • On-Axis ±2 dB from 54 Hz -20 kHz
  • 30° Off-Axis ±2 dB from 54 Hz – 15 kHz Sensitivity – Room / Anechoic 94 dB / 91 dB Suitable Amplifier Power Range 15 – 180 watts Maximum Input Power 130 watts
  • Impedance Compatible with 8 ohms
  • Internal Volume 25.7 L / 0.90 cu ft
  • Height, Width, Depth 93.8 cm x 16.5 cm x 29.8 cm
  • 36-15/16 in x 6-1/2 in x 11-3/4 in
  • Weight (Unpacked) 33.6 kg / 74 lb per pair.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have a pair of Paradigm Monitor 7.v6 LCR Speakers, thinking of switching them out for the Paradigm Premier 700F Towers-any thoughts or opinions on the Premier 700F's?

Premier 700F
CA$999.00 per SP
5-driver, 3-way bass reflex, floor standing±3dB from 45 Hz - 25 kHz 33 Hz (DIN)91 dB / 88 dB

Paradigm Monitor 7.v6
  • Design MagneShieldTM optional for Black Ash only, 4-driver, 2-1/2-way bass reflex, quasi-3rd-order resistive port
  • Crossover 3rd-order electro-acoustic at 2.0 kHz, 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 700 Hz (lower bass drivers)
  • High-Frequency Driver 25-mm (1 in) H-PTDTM dome, ferrofluid cooled
  • Bass / Midrange Driver(s) 140-mm (5-1/2 in) M-ICPTM cone, 25-mm (1 in) voice coil, GRIPTM chassis
  • Bass Driver Two 140-mm (5-1/2 in) carbon-infused polypropylene cones, 25-mm (1 in) voice coils, GRIPTM chassis Low Frequency Extension 41 Hz (DIN) Frequency Response:
  • On-Axis ±2 dB from 54 Hz -20 kHz
  • 30° Off-Axis ±2 dB from 54 Hz – 15 kHz Sensitivity – Room / Anechoic 94 dB / 91 dB Suitable Amplifier Power Range 15 – 180 watts Maximum Input Power 130 watts
  • Impedance Compatible with 8 ohms
  • Internal Volume 25.7 L / 0.90 cu ft
  • Height, Width, Depth 93.8 cm x 16.5 cm x 29.8 cm
  • 36-15/16 in x 6-1/2 in x 11-3/4 in
  • Weight (Unpacked) 33.6 kg / 74 lb per pair.

Thanks guys!
It's hard to say how much of an improvement that will be since we don't really know how good the current speakers are. Paradigm can be hit or miss, some of their speakers are excellent while other are a bit erratic. I can tell you that the Premier 800Fs are very good speakers, and I think the 700Fs are probably very good as well. The sound signature is not flashy like some previous Paradigm speakers though, so if you like hot treble, you may be disappointed.

Paul C

Paul C

Junior Audioholic
Thank you for your comments shadyJ,

Therein lies my problem, I have monitor 7.v6 LCR SP's which I really like and are well-balanced between the high, mid, and low frequencies.
I don't know if my new pioneer Elite SC-LX701 is a good match for the monitor 7.v6 SP's. Hence the reason why I am considering the Premier 700F's, but if the treble is not very bright then I may just stick with my current speaker setup.
Also, the price of the premier 700F is a real sticker shock to my pocket book, at a $1,000 per speaker! I just don't know enough about other speaker brands such as B & W or PSB's too make an informed decision? I have two 10 inch subwoofers, so having 5.5 inch woofers in a tower is fine for my application. Due to the simple fact that I live in Canada, I do not have access to the SVS line of speakers, which I've heard great things about the SVS speakers.
There lies my dilemma?

Thanks for your opinion/help, shadyJ.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you demoed them? Or better, compared them? Is that possible?

Paul C

Paul C

Junior Audioholic
I can't compare them but I certainly have demoed the premier 700F, but it wasn't set up very well in the store that I visited. I do know that Gene, audioholics.com, have discussed the premier's on a review of the five best speakers in a mid-range price and that the speakers were very impressive to the gentleman that tested the speakers.

Paul C

Paul C

Junior Audioholic
Yes the 800F's have 6.5 inch woofers and the 700F's have 5.5 inch woofers. Basically that's the only difference.

Paul C

Paul C

Junior Audioholic
The reason I don't want the larger drivers simply is the cost and because I have two subwoofer's that can handle the bass without a problem.
Also I live in a building complex and share a wall with my neighbour so I don't play my equipment more than half way of the full volume.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Half seems pretty good in a building complex :) I have a pretty large room (house, tho) and not too long ago went from smaller to larger drivers (with several large subs as well). I like it better, put the smaller speakers in my bedroom where they do better than in the big room. Good luck on your speaker quest....don't think I've ever even listened to a Paradigm speaker myself.

Paul C

Paul C

Junior Audioholic
Thank you lovinthehd,

I think that I will have to live with the speakers that I own presently for the time being, which are the monitor 7.v6 series, just hope that they match up well with the new Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, I pick up the AVR on Tuesday, then I'll have a better idea on whether I need to purchase another pair of a LCR's or not.
Thank you again, really appreciate the input.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you lovinthehd,

I think that I will have to live with the speakers that I own presently for the time being, which are the monitor 7.v6 series, just hope that they match up well with the new Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, I pick up the AVR on Tuesday, then I'll have a better idea on whether I need to purchase another pair of a LCR's or not.
Thank you again, really appreciate the input.
What do you mean "match up"? What do you use now?

Paul C

Paul C

Junior Audioholic
What do you mean "match up"? What do you use now?
I figured it out, I was concerned about matching up the AVR wattage output and my Paradigm monitor 7.v6's wattage input. AVR 135 W/Sp 130W > I think this is a good match up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I figured it out, I was concerned about matching up the AVR wattage output and my Paradigm monitor 7.v6's wattage input. AVR 135 W/Sp 130W > I think this is a good match up.
Speaker wattage ratings are somewhat meaningless. Better to use the impedance plots and sensitivity spec and your own usage (distance from speakers and spl requirements) to see what amp might be best. Try playing around with this to get an idea of the relationships

Paul C

Paul C

Junior Audioholic
Speaker wattage ratings are somewhat meaningless. Better to use the impedance plots and sensitivity spec and your own usage (distance from speakers and spl requirements) to see what amp might be best. Try playing around with this to get an idea of the relationships
That calibration tool is very good, thanks really appreciate it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That calibration tool is very good, thanks really appreciate it.
Wouldn't call it a calibration tool, but it can give you a better idea than some vague max wattage spec from a speaker manufacturer (IMO mostly a melting point than anything meaningful) as to real world needs. Keep in mind your sensitivity spec can be a bit vague as well, so subtracting a few dB may be in order, too

Paul C

Paul C

Junior Audioholic
I've purchased the Pioneer SC-LX701, as well as a pair of Paradigm surround back speakers, and I am very pleased with my choice of amplifier. I do plan to purchase new LCR's but It will most likely be in two years or more before I am able to afford to do so. In the end, I got exactly what I needed, a very rock solid amplifier that I can live with until I need to upgrade technology again, hopefully not for 10 years or so, LOL.

I thank you all for your advice and opinions, it really made my purchase an informed one.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I've purchased the Pioneer SC-LX701, as well as a pair of Paradigm surround back speakers, and I am very pleased with my choice of amplifier. I do plan to purchase new LCR's but It will most likely be in two years or more before I am able to afford to do so. In the end, I got exactly what I needed, a very rock solid amplifier that I can live with until I need to upgrade technology again, hopefully not for 10 years or so, LOL.

I thank you all for your advice and opinions, it really made my purchase an informed one.
I’ve never heard that brand or ever seen them before , now do you describe the sound are the bright like klipsch ??

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Paul C

Paul C

Junior Audioholic
Sorry I don't fully understand the question Kingnoob?

If you meant "how do the Paradigm's sound compared to the Klipsch", I would say the Klipsch are a brighter sounding speaker than the Canadian made Paradigm's.

Paul C

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis