Paradigm PDR 10 question

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
Hey folks

I just picked up a blown pdr 10 and refoamed it. Just hooked it up to may marantz sr 7001 with the sub output level at zero.

It seems I have to turn the volume up all the way on the sub tonget anything.

Is this normal for the pdr 10? I

Thanks!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You have the sub set to zero on the receiver or the sub itself? Set the sub's gain to 50% volume initially to see what kind of levels you get with the receiver, then adjust from there.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
You have the sub set to zero on the receiver or the sub itself? Set the sub's gain to 50% volume initially to see what kind of levels you get with the receiver, then adjust from there.
Receiver was set to zero, sub turned up all the way.

I was playing with it last night and it seems to be running normal now. Turned up the receivers sub out put to 3.5 and the sub itself only 3/4 of the way up.

Its no match for my M&K. Thanks for your input jgarcia.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Personally I run my receiver at or near maxed out. Then I adjust the poweramp on the sub to match.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If I did that, I would probably break things or get complaints. My sub is at around 40% gain and I still have to dial it back a little from calibrated level on the prepro. The UMC seems to favor a more bass heavy approach. If I set it high on the pre the sub's volume would almost be off.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
If I did that, I would probably break things or get complaints. My sub is at around 40% gain and I still have to dial it back a little from calibrated level on the prepro. The UMC seems to favor a more bass heavy approach. If I set it high on the pre the sub's volume would almost be off.
6 of one, half a dozen of the other. I'd rather not have my sub cranked in case anything cases it to go off (plugged in and no cord, something touches connector etc etc).

SheepStar

F

funky waves

Junior Audioholic
You want to be careful with running the receivers sub setting maxed out as some will start to clip the output at high levels.

P

PWells

Audiophyte
I just found this forum and saw the question about Paradigm PDR 10 Subwoofer.
I have one but I no longer have the manual.
I am wondering how to hook my speakers to the speaker outlets on the back. I am not talking about the single Subwoofer output but the ones labeled "sat speakers".
I hooked speakers to these outlets, but get nothing.
Any Help or suggestions? Sorry, but I just do not know much about Subs.

Attachments

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis