H

HDTV4ME

Audioholic Intern
Hi,I'm looking at a sub to go with my paradigm reference system.I'm looking at the paradigm pw2200 or the mirage OM200.I was also wondering how much lesser of a sub the PW2200 was compaired to big brother(servo 15)?Did anybody ever campair the two?Thanks for your help,this is a great sight.

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
No Brainer

If you've got the dough for Paradigm Reference, there's two killer subs in that family to choose from. Once again, it all comes down to size...

If you've got the space: Servo 15
If you don't: Seismic 12

I've got the PW-2100. It was the only small sub in the price range I was researching that passed my torture test of Massive Attack Mezzanine, and didn't bottom out during Star Wars Episode II Chapter 2 (I think, where Amidala's ship lands on Couroscant). My room is over 3,000 square feet, and this little gem energizes it easily. I have yet to bottom it out even at reference levels of Bjork's Hyper-ballad (Post).

I've personally got a woody for the Seismic 12, the output and quality of it's bass it's unbeleiveable...then you look at how small it is! Then you try to pick up this 14" cube and it weighs 70lbs! Best subwoofer ever if you ask me. You can hide it and your buddies will wonder where the hell all of the bass is coming from! It's what I want anyway.

Check out these reveiws, they're rediculous:
http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteReferenceProduct/RReviews/NewRefSubReviews.html

H

HDTV4ME

Audioholic Intern
thanks for your opinion,I just sold my whole reference v2 line which included the servo 15(had to sell or no sale),I really needed the money at the time and was thinking about upgradeing to the v3 soon anyway.Now I'm moving up to the v3 but can't really afford the servo 15 again.I'm hopeing the pw2200 will performe half as well as the 15,I might save to buy the second 2200,later on.I can get the OM200 about $300 cheaper than the paradigm,that's why I'm wondering which one is better.thanks

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
Audiosouse said:
My room is over 3,000 square feet...
Geez...where's your room, in a warehouse? :D That's like 50 x 60! :eek:

Jason

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
That's a big room for one subwoofer. The bass can sure develope, but, in terms of pressure..that's a challege

H

HDTV4ME

Audioholic Intern
that is a big room.My room is only 16x20.What would be my best buy,the pw2200 or the mirage om200?Thanks

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
I can't comment on which one would work better in your room...you nearly have to take the subwoofer home and try it out. I've got a Servo-15 in a pretty damn big room and it does an outstanding job. If you can't take one home for an audition, try to really listen to them at the store and see which one you prefer. Listen for musicality, tightness/punch, clarity, and check how adjustable they are. What are the inputs/connections and how tweakable or tunable is it? The sub can be a prick to get "just right" so you want to make sure you have some flexibility.

Jason

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
Jason Coleman said:
Geez...where's your room, in a warehouse? :D That's like 50 x 60! :eek:

Jason
I think he wanted to say "cubic feet"

C

cownd

Junior Audioholic
I just traded (yesterday) in my Paradigm PDR-12 for a PW2200 - Holy #$#% !!

I listened to 3 subs, the 2200, servo 15, and the siesmic-12. Yes the Servo, was a little better, but what surprised me was how the 2200 held up against the siesmic-12. It was difficult for me the tell the difference. I believe the only advantage the seismic-12 had over the 2200 was the size, you are paying for the newer technology no dought. It was almost a no brainer saving close to a $1000 (CAN) with the PW2200. I must admit and totally agree with Audiosouse's reference "Star Wars Episode II Chapter 2" My PDR-12 couldn't quite hold on through that little tourture test, but the 2200 pounded smoothly through it with authority!! and that was 15 minutes just out of the box - can't wait until it's actually broken in :)

If space is the issue you must get the Siesmic, if you have the room - it becomes more difficult to choose.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis