Paradigm or Kilpsch

A

Angeltbone

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I am in the market for a pair of front speakers. I heard and like a pair of Paradigm studio 40's. I read some good reviews on them. I also heard a pair of studio 20's but I liked the 40's better. I am also going to hear a pair of Kilpsck rb-75's. Any opinions out there on either one of theses speakers. My receiver is a Yamaha HTR-5250 (100 watts per ch). The speakers will be used about 60 percent for music and 40 for movies. Also if anyone knows, if one or both of theses speakers need a lot of power to drive them. I have a polk center channel and plok rear speakers.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>With your Yamaha receiver I would strongly suggest you to consider the Paradigm instead of the Klipsch as it would make the sound real bright and hollow.

Audition both thoroughly and in the end let your ears be the final judge.</font>

A

Angeltbone

Audiophyte
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Yamahaluver : <font color='#000000'>With your Yamaha receiver I would strongly suggest you to consider the Paradigm instead of the Klipsch as it would make the sound real bright and hollow.

Audition both thoroughly and in the end let your ears be the final judge.</font>
<font color='#000000'>I just heard a pair of Definitive Tech Power Monitor 500. What do you think of thoses. I wiked what I heard. In my last post I forget to mention that a allready own a Def Tech 100 subwoofer. Thanks for your reply</font>

S

Scumfrog

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Kilipsch , Paradigm and Def Tech make nice speakers. &nbsp;If I were you, I would bring a handful of my favorite recordings and spend some serious time listening. &nbsp;Try to listen to the music, not the speakers. Trust your ears! &nbsp;If the music sounds shrill, then it probably is. &nbsp;One more piece of well intended advice: &nbsp;Try to audition the speakers on a reciever/amp/integrated amp that is similar to your own. &nbsp;All components, electronics included, contribute their own &quot;sound' to the music.
Good listening...Scumfrog</font>

A

Angeltbone

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Just letting u know that I bought the Paradigm studio 40's and they sound great. Thanks for your help</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis