Paradigm Monitor v7 vs Monitor SE

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats! Ya I plan to try that idea of 3 bookshelves out too after I get a 2nd sub. Just need to wait a couple months to save up a bit. :)

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
Congrats! Ya I plan to try that idea of 3 bookshelves out too after I get a 2nd sub. Just need to wait a couple months to save up a bit. :)
Speaking for the result of a 2nd sub.. I had no other choice than to go in opposite corner with the rear next to my LP. What I've seen is evened out response in my room. In diagrams I've seen, placing a single sub in a corner shows the best response in the corners of the room. While having two hasn't resulted in a greater overall amount of bass, it has evened out the response. Where I used to get maybe 40% of the response in the dead center of the room with my single, I now get maybe 80% to 85%, which I'm pretty pleased with.

Btw, I'm already really enjoying the speaker choice for music. Pretty soon here all switch over to movies, so I'm looking forward to that as well. Niw I just feel like I need to get bipole surrounds ;)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Speaking for the result of a 2nd sub.. I had no other choice than to go in opposite corner with the rear next to my LP. What I've seen is evened out response in my room. In diagrams I've seen, placing a single sub in a corner shows the best response in the corners of the room. While having two hasn't resulted in a greater overall amount of bass, it has evened out the response. Where I used to get maybe 40% of the response in the dead center of the room with my single, I now get maybe 80% to 85%, which I'm pretty pleased with.

Btw, I'm already really enjoying the speaker choice for music. Pretty soon here all switch over to movies, so I'm looking forward to that as well. Niw I just feel like I need to get bipole surrounds ;)
Bipole surrounds are easy to find on Craigslist. It’s not necessary to match to the front 3.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis