Paradigm Comparison

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
Synergy is key

bhrvatin said:
The AVR-3805 is my current choice for amplification/switching etc. but should I perhaps hear the Studio 60s on it first? I have been auditioning it with the Anthem separates. Is the Denon weak in any respects? Or are the Anthem separates that much better?

(Sometimes part of me would rather spend $4k on a great 2-ch setup than $6k on a mediocre 5.1...)
I'd stay with the bulk on HT. I had a HTIB (Take 5+1 from Energy) and wasn't satisfied. I have a decent 2 channel and my HT still smokes it for music.

All I can say is you must hear it for yourself because synergy between componets is very important. Audition your *** off until it makes you sick, or until the sales clerk throws you out. There's just no overstating this. For example, I auditioned Martin Logan electrostatics powered by the Anthem TLP 1 and PVA 2 and expected bliss, but was very surprised how much I didn't like the combination.

I love the 3805, but have wet dreams about Anthem separates. In a sealed HT room at a local audio store I like, they had the Studio 100 system with both Denon 3805 and Anthem AVM 20/MCA 5 switched (That tells you how good it is right there as they were using the 3805 for demo's). The 3805 sounded great and I was startled how the 100's "dissapeared" like a studio monitor (I know it's cliche). With Anthem separates, the difference was more like sitting first row rather than balcony. More dynamics and detail, especially when the Servo 15 or Seismic 12 were combied, absolutely breathtaking.

I can't image spending a penny more, honestly, I've not heard better yet (but I've heard way more expensive!). And the Studio 100 setup with Seismic 12 was $4,999 CDN. A great price...until you realize the Anthems also cost $4,999. There's $10K in a heartbeat without display or source. Then explain to the Mrs. why she can't have (insert almost anything here) this year. She'll have you by the balls for the next decade. And that's all it really comes down to. My 2 cents, or maybe more like pocket full of change.

B

bhrvatin

Enthusiast
Audiosouse said:
With Anthem separates, the difference was more like sitting first row rather than balcony.
Thanks for the pocket full of change, A-souse! If you have ever been to Symphony Center in Chicago, it mind change your mind about sitting in the balcony. ;)

Bart

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis