Paradigm Cinema ADP Surrounds?

A

azaky

Enthusiast
Hey All,

I have the opportunity to pick up a pair of these little Paradigm Cinema ADPs
from a local guy. I know they are the lower end model but I cannot afford the nice 370s right now and these little ADPs would match my Paradigm Monitors up front and Mini-monitors in the back. Anyone know anything about these ADPs. I got a quote of 120 for the pair. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

rikmeister

rikmeister

Audioholic
that is not a bad price but say how bout 100.00 even for the pair.

you could easily sell them later on the bay. so do not worry.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
they should work ok for you in the mean time, was looking at a Paradigm Monitor setup myself not too long ago, they wanted $700 for a pair of the ADP 370's, kinda made me drop my jaw, but wow did they sound great.

A

azaky

Enthusiast
The crossovers for the Cinema ADPs have to be set very high Lubmar?

Spiffy, I hear ya, I heard them yesterday and they sounded great, but wow, it was a little outta my budget right now.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Yeah I was set to buy the Monitor 7's but then when I looked at the whole system, another $400 for the center and $700 for the surrounds, I'd be paying as much for the surrounds as I would for the Mains, to me that doesnt make much sense, even if they are using the same drivers, its just hard to justify it that way, I'd have rather gotten 2 pairs of Monitor 7's

A

azaky

Enthusiast
I totally hear ya especially since I am working on picking up the monitor 7s. I have an older pair of paradigm 5SEs which I love, but think I need to step em up to the 7s. So spending an extra 700 on the ADP 370s is totally outta the question...

You like those 7s?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Loved the sound of the monitor 7's, great highs good mid bass, just couldn't justify spending the money on them to put into my room at the fraternity house and risk something bad happening to them. I'm going with the Bic Acoustech set now, b/c I've learned to really like the sound of a horn tweeter with Rock/Rap music, gives a club type atmorsphere which should be great for parties that I throw.

A

azaky

Enthusiast
I was actually considering using another set of the mini-monitors for my surround speakers. I have minis for my rears now, so I would just purchase another set....I know, I am thinking all crazy now :)

az

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
The 170s should work very nicely in the interim, especially at that price. Did you get your subwoofer issue resolved?

A

azaky

Enthusiast
Yea, the sub I had was actually dead! Wasn't operator error which was reassuring. My brother might be forking over a Velodyne DPS-10 since he is moving...so I am gonna grab that for now...

L

lubmar

Enthusiast
Are those the "Paradigm Cinema ADPs" with spec. +/-2db 150Hz-20KHz low ext. 100Hz ? What x-over wuold You use for them & all speakers set to small ?

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
No, they're not. The Cinema ADPs would probably work best X-over at about 120Hz. You could also try 100Hz.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis