Paradigm 60s and Denon 2807

M

musicholic

Enthusiast
I just purchased the Studio 60s and the Denon 2807. The speakers sound great when listening to music or watching a dvd, they aren't clear. the background music and some voices are muffled.I have an HD Scientific Atlanta cable box.
Not sure what the issue is?

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
musicholic said:
I just purchased the Studio 60s and the Denon 2807. The speakers sound great when listening to music or watching a dvd, they aren't clear. the background music and some voices are muffled.I have an HD Scientific Atlanta cable box.
Not sure what the issue is?
I think you may have left out part of your post, but I gather you are having trouble with the sound when watching TV. How have you connected the cable box to your receiver? That's the starting point. FWIW I have my cable box connected to the receiver with an optical cable and the quality of sound varies greatly depending on the station. If it's digital is the connection on the receiver set to "auto" so digital audio can be decoded? Also check what DSP is being used for the TV connection (assuming a digital connection). One thing that is universal on all channels for me is that I have to turn the volume control much higher to get the same level of sound as I would when playing a DVD or CD.

Nick

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis