Panasonic UB-DP9000 Owners be Aware of New Issue and How to Solve It.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have had a serious issue with my Panasonic UB-DP9000 this week. I gather from the Internet others have as well.

This unit would start up, but just say stand by or reading. It would not respond to the remote or front buttons. Sometimes the draw would open and not close unless pushed in.

On the Panasonic site the only help was to consult the user manual, which made no mention of this problem, or any fixes for that matter. A disconnect from the power did not help.

Finally I found on the Net that holding the power button in for 3 seconds could help. After three tries it worked. So, I immediately looked to see if there was a firmware update. There was. So I downloaded it, which took and eternity and also took another eternity to install.

The good news is that this solved the problem, and the player is now working normally.

It seems to me that this must have totally reinstalled the operating system.

I have to assume that the operating system of this unit is not stable overtime and somewhat volatile.

Now, this was an expensive unit and promoted as "top of the line".

Panasonic really seems to have gone downhill. At the very least they should have a notice about this on their website.

I can imagine users dumping these off at the recycling center. This is not good enough. If there is a problem own it, especially if it has a solution.

This sort of corporate behavior is just well short of the mark.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis