Panasonic to Mass Produce OLED in 2011

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
According to the Sankei Shimbun daily (a major Japanese newspaper), Japan-based Matsushita Electric Industrial Co (Panasonic) let out that it is finalizing plans to mass-produce 37-inch organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TVs in three years. The article said that Matsushita would be the first to mass-produce OLED TVs of over 30 inches, and that the company was positioning itself to take on Samsung Electronics, another pro-OLED company to dominate the flat panel market.

Discuss "Panasonic to Mass Produce OLED in 2011" here. Read the article.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'm hoping someone has at least a 50" OLED by 2012. I bought a 720p LCD with the idea that one of the new technologies would pan out in 5 years.

Of course, if I do upgrade my display in 2012, I won't be able to enjoy it long because the world is going to end. :)

Jim

MapleSyrup

MapleSyrup

Audioholic
Promises

OLED holds some great promises. But how long until the organic part decomposes and makes your TV smell like spoiled broccoli?:(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
:eek:Well that just sucks, doesn't it?
Well, that will really depend on how your life is going in 2012. It will either suck...or be a sweet, sweet release.

As for OLED, I just hope that I have a new TV before 2011...

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
I can wait for OLED to mature for a bit, I don't need (want maybe ...) a new TV yet and will definitely go bigger than 50" next time around.

Steve

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'm pretty happy with my 50" plasma for now. I would probably go bigger if I had to do it again. Now I want a 55 or 60 inch low power display with awesome colors and contrast. :D

Jim

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
60" , once you experience a 60" or larger in a room that will support it, you will never go back to tiny.

I hope this mass produce doesn't mean a possibility of manufacturing issues a.k.a. quality.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis