Panasonic PT-AT6000 (PT-AE8000) Focus Issue

drumace

drumace

Audioholic Intern
Hi guys,
I have that Panasonic projector which is installed about 16" from the ceiling. It projects the image on a 92" diagonal (16:9) screen (tension fixed).
The screen is mounted 30" above the floor.
The projection distance is less than 5m.
To center the image on the screen, I had to use the lens shift to the max allowed (bottom-left).
For some reason, I cannot get a focused image. The text is too blurred.
I noticed that if I center the lens shift, the desired focus is achieved but the image is projected way too high and to the left so it's not a solution.
Please let me know if this is a problem with the projector or if I should change something else.
Thanks!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, this is normal and a known issue. It's a rather older model at this point, but the extents of lens shift have been known to cause focus issues in both the Panasonic projectors and the older Epson models like the 8350.

To correct this the projector really must be physically moved to a location where the lens shift isn't right at the extents. It should be tested in the desired location to ensure that focus is better/corrected. You should not need it right in the middle, but just a few inches away from the extents.

Yes, it sucks. No proper lens should introduce this issue.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Is it possible to lower the projector? May need a lift to lower it only when in operation.

drumace

drumace

Audioholic Intern
Hi,
Since it is not possible to lower the shelf it sits on, the only option I can think of is to put it on a stand when in use. Not very comfortable so it would be nice if there was a way to keep it on the shelf and use some sort of pull mechanism that will slide it down in 45 deg to the lower location.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis