Panasonic DMP UB900 worth getting?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was mistaken as well, it was made in China not Japan I was reading the wrong label
Well they put that information on there particularly to confuse the origin....and the size of the font matters to import regs, too.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I think I'm gonna order a brand new UB820 from Crutchfield. I know it's the little brother but looks like a good player. I need Dolby Vision because my Sony player doesn't have it. The UB820 has a HDR optimizer too. Good idea or not so much?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I think I'm gonna order a brand new UB820 from Crutchfield. I know it's the little brother but looks like a good player. I need Dolby Vision because my Sony player doesn't have it. The UB820 has a HDR optimizer too. Good idea or not so much?
I’ve been very pleased with mine. I have a Samsung QN85 65” that only does HDR10 and 10+ for my Series X and I use my 900 for that but have an 820 connected to my bedroom LG CX OLED and have been very pleased with its performance.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Are these region free? Region codes are a PITA for international film lovers.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You have a better chance of getting a region free player from an eBay reliable seller.

Sony have reliable Blu-ray players as well and some have the features you desire. They are most likely easier to find as region free models.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Any easy way to tell if mine is region free? I got mine off eBay from the same seller who has one listed for $139.99

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis